Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, is it normal to have chips on the bottom by the wheel well?

Yes, stolen from Fuel Sluts once more hehe.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yes, it is normal.

There is a clear plastic stick on piece there that is supposed to minimize the damage to the paint. It is hard to see so you may not know it is there or it may have been removed at some time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come to think of it, it feels rather soft when I press there, just like my friend's Lexus's hood. It has a clear plastic to minimize hood chips, and it feels kinda rubbery. I can tell his is there though because there's a point where it ends, and you can see the line between it and the paint.

I'm a little upset because while leaving my new apartments, there were three construction signs blocking the exit of my apartment to the street because they were redoing the tar. Anyway, some ****ing ******* decides it'd be funny to move them aside, so I think it's fine to just keep on driving. Next thing I know, I'm driving on ****ing tar :mad:! Anyway, I get tar all over the bottom side of my car, left and right, so I have to go get it washed for $155. To top it off, the construction worker took down my license plate, so I don't know what's gonna happen. He said I might have to pay for the damages to the street, but if something ever does happen, I can just tell the truth and say the signs were knocked over. All the other apartments had them standing upright with ropes and notes though. I'm gonna call the construction company and hopefully THEY can actually pay for the damages to my car, due to the negligence of the worker and not checking in on the signs here and there. Everybody knows that where there's a sign, there's some ***** ready to knock them over.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
They did not come from ford with any protection there. If you bought the car from someone then they may have had something applied. There was a post about this some time ago and this is what I did for my car....

This is from the Illustrator file that I have made for the side protection. The gray parts fold over and the slits are to allow for the the bend in the rocker panels. I just used 3m clear vinyl. I had them repainted after about 2 years and applied these to the panels and they looked better after 3 years then they did after the first 2 months from ford.

orig. post
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111732&highlight=protection

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
yes, it's normally, been discussed many times.

mine looks like it's been through a sandstorm at this point :)

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
Just out of curiosity, is it normal to have chips on the bottom by the wheel well?

Yes, it is normal to have chips there. I have been using clear 3M adhesive protection in front of the rear wheels for about six years now. It is removable but not reuseable. It is barely noticeable in most light conditions. I used this angle to show where I installed it on the lower molding. I had to custom cut the pieces for them to fit properly. The pieces were originally intended for headlight protection. I tried Cleartastic but it would come off when driving in heavy rain due to water splash impact.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Speaking of Paint...

The "White" stripes that adorned 5081 are gone but not forgotten. Here's the new look. they're PY with a little Gold Pearl mixed in. They are hard to see in photos and hense called spooky weird "Ghost" stripes.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Jim5081 said:
The "White" stripes that adorned 5081 are gone but not forgotten. Here's the new look. they're PY with a little Gold Pearl mixed in. They are hard to see in photos and hense called spooky weird "Ghost" stripes.:lol: :lol: :lol:
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

much much much better!
I like! Look forward to seeing your ride again. I've seen it 2 or 3 times now :D lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts