Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting the Paxton on 3206, I have this fear of the belt breaking and being stranded somewhere in the middle of the night (or otherwise). I have a spare belt, but no tools or experience to change it on the side of the road.

Anyone know of a reasonable tow service in the North DFW area that has a Flatbed Wrecker or a Car Hauler that the Bullitt can get onto without screwing up the front end?

Also, anyone can recommend a place to send the car for belt replacement in the North DFW area if this ever happens? I am told that you must remove the S/C to change the belt (or put a new one on). So I would need a shop that has experience in this and pays attention to alignment when putting it back together.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and info. I hope mine lasts as long as yours.....

But I am just trying to find out a couple of numbers to call if and when it happens to me. I like to be prepared.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I'm sure that most of the performance shops can do it and probably can recommend a towing company. I put about 30K miles on my belt before changing it and did it with my father-in-law. It is not too difficult, but definitely easier with an extra set of hands and NOT on the side of the road.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I always carried an extra belt for the Vortech, put it in the spare tire. Getting the right size may be hard to do in a emergency.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks......

I have the spare belt already.

I just need a towing company number in the N. DFW area and also a place to take it when needed.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Located Tow Service

OK,.....

For those that might need one, I have located "Tony's Wrecker Service" out of Garland who has a Flatbed Car Hauler Truck and is familiar with Mustangs. He will come and get you ANYWHERE! His prices are as reasonable as anyone else and he tells me he will not "stick it to ya". He takes cash, VISA or MC and is available 24hrs a day at 214-394-3211.

So, now all I need is a shop (in the N. Dallas area) to take it that could change the belt if/when necessary. Any suggestions?

I would just send it to Dee's house, but that's a bit far for me unless I happen to be in that area. I very seldom am.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try Slim's Mustang Performance in Seagoville. 972-287-1303 his prices are very reasonable (rebuilt my tranny for $800, that included pulling it and reinstalling it plus parts) and he is very consiencous (probably not spelled right) and as the businsess name suggests he works on Mustangs almost exculsively. Address is 304 S. Highway 175, Seagoville, TX 75159 if you want to check location.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, but wrong direction..........

I need something in N. Dallas.

I am thinking Lewisville, Denton or Gainsville/Sherman.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heck from where I live anything North of I20 is North Dallas! Thought it might be out of your way.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Sorry, I deal with a wrecker service from the Ft. Worth area. And haven't made a practice of doing much of that fortunately. I do use a shop in Arlington called Arlington Service Center just off Division in the old downtown/car aisle area. They do great work at a discounted price. :smile:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks ALL for the replies and suggestions.

I have concluded that if I ever get stranded on the side of the road, I will just call Tony and have him haul me and my car to my house.

Then, I will get Dee to come and help me put the new belt on! He OWES ME anyway! :lol:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks....I will give that a look as well!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
for service, try either middlekauf ford in plano or payton wright in grapevine
ask for johnn gallagher 817-481-9966 , tell em mark sent ya nd he will make sure the right tech gets the car....

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the Hookup!

I have joined AAA (Premier) and I will keep Tony's number as well for the towing. I will keep this Plano Ford Dealer in mind as well.

That kinda lets Dee off the Hook!!!!

Thanks ALL!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the reminder......I think I agree.........he's ON THE HOOK FOR LIFE!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Why not just learn how to change the belt yourself? I remember assisting changing Josh's belt in the parking lot right before two shootout's ago. It didn't seem all that difficult, and sure is a heck of a lot cheaper than any tow...but the number would be handy to have if it is more than just a belt. But hey, that's just me...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts