Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY BULLITTHEADS, For about 2 weeks now, we have had a record breaking heat wave, Just wondering what are you are you bullittheads doing to beat the heat?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,071 Posts
We've been cruising with the AC on instead of opening the windows for a change! It isn't really that hot over here out West. It broke 90 today.

·
Registered
451 Posts
All I can say is it is K-I-L-L-I-N-G me. I knew we were going to pay for the mild summer sooner or later! I kind of wish I was working a different shift, though. (I'm currently 4pm to midnight or 4pm to 4am) The balmy evenings have felt pretty nice, and would be good for a bit o' porch drinking with my girlfriend...

Joe

·
Registered
568 Posts
Last night I was cleaning the Bullitt's engine bay in the garage & to keep cool I had a beer in one hand & the air gun in the other. Didn't help much, but at least the engine bay is clean again. Heat index was over 100 the last 3 days.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
you boys should be in texas.... nothing like a summer of say 60 or 70 days over 100 with heat index's around 110 ...seems like u have a cool front going thru..send it our way will ya?
seriously though, a/c on during the day
windows open in the morning or late at nite...at least ford made a damn good a/c unit

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
1 year ago I was onboard the USS George Washington, in the Persian Gulf. It was a 130 during the day on the Flight Deck and cooled down to a cool 102 at midnight. All the Tomcats are spoted aft, which means all the Jet exhaust from all the other airwing Jets gets to help the heat index up some more. So everytime I walk out of my Maintenance Control space here in NAS Oecana, with a heat index of 105. I thank my lucky stars I'm not in the Gulf this year also. We had numerous sailors drop due to the heat.

This just Happened, I just found out VF2 just lost a Tomcat, They are on Cruise somewhere in the Middle east. No word on the Crew Been missing for 9 hours.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in Seattle we are panicking, it got over 80 degrees today. It hasn't rained in nearly a week. I think the governor is ready to declare a state of emergency. Figures, we finally get some decent weather and I have to leave the country. :wink:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yep, the heat and humidity are really bad here also. The air just plain stinks!! So much for trying to make horsepower,much less get a good breath of air!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts