Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been descussed a number of time but I just got a ZEX wet kit and I was wondering if anyone else has nos on their stock motor?

·
Registered
987 Posts
keep at a 50 shot u will b good. but like the man said u will not have that motor for long.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
When it comes to nitrous, it'a ALL in the tune. If you get a tune and don't go too aggressive, you should be ok for a while to come. Depending on the size shot you run, you may want to use a degree or two cooler on teh spark plugs. Need to close the gap down some to deter spark blowout. This is coming from a former nitrous user with my old 5.0 coupe.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
We called it juice, but anyhow a 100 shot should be fine as long as it is tuned. You are not going to be spraying very often I don't think. You are going to need a cooler plug if you are going to spray 100 shot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theHULK said:
We called it juice, but anyhow a 100 shot should be fine as long as it is tuned. You are not going to be spraying very often I don't think. You are going to need a cooler plug if you are going to spray 100 shot.
I got the special plugs from ZEX, I planed on going with the 75 shot for now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4fit? said:
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

:evil:
OK smart guys, I'll tell you what. If you can give me a better way to abreviate Nitrious Oxide I will do it. I use Nos becouse as you can see everyone knows what Im talking about.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
stangmanx said:
Hows this NO2
Well, it is a totally different compound. NO2 is nitrogen dioxide which is poisonous if inhaled. N2O is nitrous oxide. As for Nos, I don't consider it a word. N.O.S. is a company which makes nitrous oxide kits just like Zex is a company that makes nitrous oxide kits. Plus, nitrous oxide already has an abbreviated term...nitrous. Call it a pet peeve of mine.......

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4fit? said:
Well, it is a totally different compound. NO2 is nitrogen dioxide which is poisonous if inhaled. N2O is nitrous oxide. As for Nos, I don't consider it a word. N.O.S. is a company which makes nitrous oxide kits just like Zex is a company that makes nitrous oxide kits. Plus, nitrous oxide already has an abbreviated term...nitrous. Call it a pet peeve of mine.......
Boy do I feel stupid.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyway besides all this BS about names for nitrous. I dont want to sound like an idiot, how do you use it? I have Zero experience with N20. Basicly what Im asking is say your out at the track lined up waiting for the light, what do you do?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
When you get it tuned they will tune it for a certain RPM. When the car hits that RPM a valve will open and inject the N2O into the intake. You should have a bottle opener switch and a heater to keep the nitrous warm. I don't know eveything there is to know but thats a start.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The kit I have activates it at wide open throttle using the signal through the TPS.
Do you have it activated before you launch so that it sprays through every gear or should you activate it before you hit 4th.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts