Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colgan makes an excellent nose cover. Once again no drilling of holes. The Ford nose cover the dealer gave me with DHG 3875 wants
you to drill holes, maybe it can be mounted
without. Didn't like the Mustang GT logo on
the nose cover so I got the Colgan custom for
the 99 to present GT. Two piece design and
fits like a glove. I saw the Ford Mustang GT
nose cover on a 2000 GT and it fit well too.
The Colgan comes on and off in about 2 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-02 01:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Do they have a WEB Site? Also do you have photos you can post? 227 has been painted 4 times and the nose paint is a little britle;-(... I need to cover it up.

Thanks.

Bud

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY BUD, SORRY FOR NOT SUPPLYING ANY CONTACT
INFO. GOT MINE FROM BLUE RIBBON MOTORING AT
www.AUTOANYTHING.COM (1-800-874-8888). NO
PICTURES TO SEND BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANY, AND
EVEN IF I DID, I WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO SEND ON THIS F#$%@*G COMPUTER. GOOD LUCK. REPAINTED 4 TIMES? WHOOOOOA! WHAT HAPPENED?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Thanks for the links guys;-)... I almost purchased the Ford one two weeks ago, but they wanted $160.00 for it. Cobra one was $99.00;-(...

Short version of the story is that the car had a dent in the fender and was repainted before the dealership got it. The dent was not repaired right and the paint was rubbed through. Also just taped across the top. So I sent the car back to be fixed. Hood, side scoops and Sail pannels also needed fixing as well. They had chips in them.

Car came back and there was so much dirt in the paint it would scare you. Dent was still in the fender. We also noticed that there was a problem on the driver's side fender. So it went back Paint for everything again, plus the driver's side fender. Again the painted the fender, and kind of fixed the dent, also painted the front bummper, both bottom sections of the door jams. They said they found scratches that were not there before.

I go to pick up the car and it was still full of dust, dent was fixed but looked like hell, and the paint in the door jams and passenger side fender had big runs in it. They also did not paint the driver's side fender. Car went back again. Came with less dust, but scratches in the front bumper, dent still looked bad, and the color was off.

I took the car home because I had been with out it for 3 full weeks now. I only had the car a week before I sent it in for all the bull$*&^~! While I had the car back and was fighting with the dealer over the repairs, the paint started to peal on the hood, right under the scoop.

Well now for the short part<Grin>. Car went back for 3 more weeks to be fixed. I even went by to look at the car while they fixed everything. I get the car back and it looks better, but lots of overspray on the car, parts still wrong color, oh yes and both head gasketts went so it got a new motor. Over all it has been in the shop off and on for over two months. To top it all off, they chipped the passenger side fender and the hood while they had the car;-(...

I am still fighting with them over all this. They are trying to get me an extended warrenty, but I want GT running lights as well, plus the paint problems FIXED once and for all by a different paint shop;-)...

I should mention that I painted cars for a long time as well, including helping on a 37 Ford that won Grand Nationals;-)...

But like I said, the front end has been painted 4 times and the paint is brittle and so it chips;-(...

Sorry for the long post, but it does make me feal better to type it;-)...

Bud

Sent it back again, and they painted

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hee hee heeee... Now I like that idea;-)... But I'm thinking that a firecracker may not be enough<G>. They do have this really nice glass showroom. I thought about parking the car inside there but not opening the doors up<G>.

Now that was funny. But I think I better just stick with the bra;-)

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-01 18:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I lost my tempor a couple of times and it made no difference at all;-(... I even eMAILD Art Hyde about all this. I asked him to forward my story on to someone at Ford that would maybe want to hear more so that others NEVER have to go thorough what I did. He asked for the name of the dealer, but I never heard any more back from him;-(.

But hey, I do like the car. At one point I was ready to send in all the paper work for the Lemon Law, but soon realized that I would be hard pressed to get another Bullitt;-(... I could get a Cobra, but dang, I really like the Bullitt;-)...

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try this web site. They have a clear bra like cover for the front of Mustangs. This clear cover is made by 3M and its held on by electro-static. This clear cover comes off and on pretty easy and it won't damage your front end. I had a bra on one of my previous Ford cars and over time it rubbed the paint down and faded the paint. Stangnet used this cover on their project Bullitt car and they really seemed to like it, their web address is for the review (its 3/4 down the page) http://www.stangnet.com/pbullitt/ . This is the route I'm going to go with my Bullitt.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This site also makes the clear plasict protectors for behind the back wheels from tar stone chips etc. http://www.cleartastic.com/mustang.htm

To protect with the clear films costs a little more than the bra's but you retain the look and prevent the fading, etc..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered the clearstatic rear wheel protectors and they were really nice. They stated that if ordering from the club they will waive the shipping and handling. they are also throwing in a 4 inch by 4 inch piece so I can cover the sticker in the engine bay. They also stated that the will be offering a group buy - they will notify the group when he works out the details.

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are correct about the nose covers rubbing
the paint. Especially for daily drivers that
are exposed to alot of contaminates. I find
that a double or triple application of wax
helps. I have never had a paint rub problem
but my DHG 3875 is also a weekend cruiser.
The clear nose cover sounds good. Thanks, I
will check it out! I guess the car can be
washed with the clear plastic intact, which
is a big NO-NO with a conventional bra.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I bought the Ford bra and I think it's really slick. My car is mostly a weekender and hasn't seen rain yet (I know someday it will happen) Having owned a few new cars and watching them slowly get "used" I have come to a understanding that if your drive your car on public highways something bad can happen at any time. A few years ago at the Mopar Nationals I met a dude with a Challenger that had been stored in his house from '71 untill '98. His reason why was he lived on a gravel road and didn't want to damage the paint. The reason the car was at the show was the road was paved finally.

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great story!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Speed 2000

The kit you posted appears to be the same kit I posted here:
http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?
kit=1425

except the kit you posted is almost $200.00 more. Both kits appear to be actually manufactured by 3M.

I would check out both links before purchasing a $200.00 difference is a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts