Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking for another Mustang recently and determined I was either going to get a '19 Bullitt or possibly an '18 GT if the color was right. My wife and I both really like the color Royal Crimson, which was a one year only color done in 2018. I've looked all over the country on the usual internet sites and in a month of looking had only seen 2 or 3 that were set up close to what I wanted. My specs were of course the color, a GT, Performance Pack and Magneride. Exactly one was set up that way, and it was half way across the country. There are only 3 options available on the Bullitts, and I wanted Magneride for sure and it was OK if they had the electronics package and Recaros. Of the cars I saw for sale, only a handful were anything other than the electronics package and Magneride combo. I had also determined that rather than another green one, I would focus on finding a black one. Anyway, last Sunday I was scrolling through ads and decided to look for an '18 again. There was a new listing for an '18 about 2 hours away from us. Long story short, it's a Roush Stage 2 that the original dealer had put a Roush supercharger on. It sat on the lot unsold until about 9 months ago when someone finally bought it. They traded it off with less than 5k miles on the odometer. I probably could have talked them down a little more, but their price was on the low end of the scale for a Roush of that year, much less with the addition of a supercharger. It seemed to be a Dodge/Chrysler dealer just trying to unload an off-brand car. Here it is:
PXL_20210112_205424059.jpg
PXL_20210112_024931547.NIGHT.jpg

My original intent was to get something to run in SCCA autocross events in one of the Street classes. My Bullitt fits into CAM-C and is just not that fast (partly due to inadequate tire size). With the Roush, I'll end up still running in CAM-C, but it should be a lot more competitive. That is, if I can keep from swapping ends with the accelerator. The supercharger bumps the horsepower from the stock 460 to about 700. That will take some throttle control to keep it going relatively straight. I'm looking forward to the challenge. It should also be a real hoot out on the road course, too.

I still have the '08 and plan to keep it. It was the first (and probably only) Mustang I bought new and has been a big part of my life. I still enjoy it, and like to get it out and listen to the exhaust rumble when the weather is nice.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Change the pulley on the supercharger to get ~550-600 HP and you should be good to go. And, you won't tear up so many axles and rear pumpkins. Have fun! Is the suspension adjustable?

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
SLOBBER SLOBBER!! Looked at that color since they came out in 18. Very similar color to my Vintage Burgundy 65. Only Mustang I ever owned till the 01 Bullit.
Nice ride. Enjoy.(y)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change the pulley on the supercharger to get ~550-600 HP and you should be good to go. And, you won't tear up so many axles and rear pumpkins. Have fun! Is the suspension adjustable?
Hadn't thought of de-powering it. I'll probably try it like it is first, and see how it does. If I keep looping it then I might have to look into it. I've still got well over 2 years of powertrain warranty on it, so technically I need to leave it alone for now :) . The suspension is the base single adjustable coilovers.

SLOBBER SLOBBER!! Looked at that color since they came out in 18. Very similar color to my Vintage Burgundy 65. Only Mustang I ever owned till the 01 Bullit.
Nice ride. Enjoy.(y)
Thanks! I've been a fan of the color ever since I saw it on Mustang Alley during the Bullitt Nationals in 2017. My wife really likes the color, too, which made it easier to convince her to get it. I'm sure that '65 looked really nice!

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Essentially, you just go to the stage 1 tune and pulley set up. It will definitely be a handful for autocross. I like that colour as well! Should pull nicely on a road course?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Essentially, you just go to the stage 1 tune and pulley set up. It will definitely be a handful for autocross. I like that colour as well! Should pull nicely on a road course?
I plan on some road course work, but that ends up being just an opportunity or two per year. A friend of mine that drag races said I should just spray it with nitrous to help with the heat soak. A little 300 shot would get me up to 1000hp! I think I'll pass on that for now. The learning curve is steep enough as it is.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Just spray water on the intercooler. Make up your own kit. I think 1000 HP would be pushing the limits of an unsleaved block. The learning curve is steep, You got to be very smoooth.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spray water on the intercooler. Make up your own kit. I think 1000 HP would be pushing the limits of an unsleaved block. The learning curve is steep, You got to be very smoooth.
He was (mostly) kidding with the nitrous deal. I'll definitely need to get a water sprayer for it. They apparently did an upgrade somewhere along the way for a bigger radiator for the intercooler system. If this one doesn't have it then I may see about getting one. They sell it as part of the "Phase 2" kit, which also includes a tune for 750hp. I really don't think I need the extra hp at this point, but I could install the radiator and save the tune for later.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Super Sexy Steed - congrats. My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee's the same color, but Mopar calls is "Merlot"...classy, right? :D

Reactions: Steve68Cougar

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
That color, dude, makes your car! Congratulations!!

Reactions: Steve68Cougar
1 - 12 of 12 Posts