Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow Bullittheads.

Had some "decent" weather tonight. Around 70, 75% humidity, and 30.00 baramoter.

made three runs, heres number #2:

60ft.. 1.899
330... 5.605
1/8... 8.673
mph... 80.37
1000.. 11.318
1/4... 13.550
mph... 100.85

Old best was 13.58, so I'm pleased with improvement, albeit slight. I still think a 13.3 might be lurking if the weather is ideal.

time to update sig :grin:

·
Registered
721 Posts
JB, I'm still missing third gear ALOT. When I go from 2 to 3, theres nothing there. Any tips for the old guy would be appeciated. I let a suped up Lincoln get by me because I missed third. That lincoln had a spoiler and nice rolled exhaust tips like we have It also had a spoiler. Weird for a Lincoln, but it sounded great.I was really pulling away until I missed third. I'm selling it and getting an automatic GT. Just kidding. Wouldn't give up my Bullitt for anything. By the way great time on your run. You are da man.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
How can there be that much performance difference between these Bullitts? This is buggin' me! Are you running Drag Radials JB?
Decent weather? I was running in 60 degree,40% Humidity and got a 99.8 MPH with chip and CAI!! Intake will be coming off soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-10-01 17:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-10-01 20:23 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
GREAT new best JB! It rained like a MOTHER here last week, if the weather is good maybe i'll bring home some 13's this Thursday!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ray, I was thinking of you during that terrible rain FL was enduring. I hope all is well; Houston folks have had their share of flooding this year. Get some 13's.

MUS, I'm almost embarrassed about the car. It's just a ringer I guess. Maybe some balls-to-the-walls launching doesn't hurt either :grin:

XTC, no problems finding third. It's kinda strange, but I actually like this stock shifter. I haven't said that about too many Ford factory offerings. I just push it straight-up from second and it finds third everytime (I'm sure subconsciously I'm angling a little to the right, hehe).

Tracy, thanks for the kind words.

jacob, it's still stock besides a k&n and on track days, some 275/40 nittos on 17 X 9 rims borrowed from the cobra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts