Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I may ask , how much did you pay for your 2008 Bullitt?

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Bought my '09 new...licensed and out the door $30,075. Probably worth less than half that at 31.000 miles. That's why I plan on driving my money out it until one of us dies. It's not a car I'll ever be crazy over, but it's a well balanced driver that does the job I bought it for.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
From 1st owner, '08 with 5,500 miles in early 12/2011, $24K, from asking of $24.5K. Like new condition, lightly modified, every mod was one I would have done. Best mod was the post OEM H pipe 3" Magnaflow exhaust, very similar to FRPP KR muffler. What great music!
Now, 98K miles, 29 states coast to coast, numerous Bullitthead gatherings meeting the BEST FOLKS WHO ARE FAMILY, 50+ road course track days at 8 tracks, BLLTT has provided Susan and I with the best encouters and memories, looking forward to more...
Mods, that is another story. But worth all making BLLTT my dream machine...
Every time I fire up BLLTT, I relax and smile... $ worth spent. Pry my dead hands from the steering wheel and shifter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought my '09 new...licensed and out the door $30,075. Probably worth less than half that at 31.000 miles. That's why I plan on driving my money out it until one of us dies. It's not a car I'll ever be crazy over, but it's a well balanced driver that does the job I bought it for.
Thanks , I am just curious how much some of these change hands and I buy what I like and not what I think I can make money on.
Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From 1st owner, '08 with 5,500 miles in early 12/2011, $24K, from asking of $24.5K. Like new condition, lightly modified, every mod was one I would have done. Best mod was the post OEM H pipe 3" Magnaflow exhaust, very similar to FRPP KR muffler. What great music!
Now, 98K miles, 29 states coast to coast, numerous Bullitthead gatherings meeting the BEST FOLKS WHO ARE FAMILY, 50+ road course track days at 8 tracks, BLLTT has provided Susan and I with the best encouters and memories, looking forward to more...
Mods, that is another story. But worth all making BLLTT my dream machine...
Every time I fire up BLLTT, I relax and smile... $ worth spent. Pry my dead hands from the steering wheel and shifter.
I just recently bought mine and I simply feel the same way about it. My story is long so will save it for another day but I bought 1925 with a salvage title
but that is OK with me, I am glad to have Lisa and she is good to me for $9000.00. As you all say , worth every penny.
Mike

Reactions: tossass4370

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Purchased new in March 2008. $29.9 Currently has a little over 39k on it. But a fun 39k. Been to several Bullitt Nationals and other events including the Legend Lives II, Rt 66 cross country trip.

Partly financed. I ended up going to work at the bank that financed it. Will be retiring from that bank in August.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Bought 5414 for $8,000 plus $450 shipping (clear title) with 121,000 miles and the original motor replaced (there is evidence the original motor was supercharged before it blew), had to replace the h-pipe and cats and found an original intake tube, scoop and filter (all found cheap on Craigslist). I also had some original Bullitt wheels laying around to go on it.

The Shelby 500 spoiler was on it when I got it

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought 5414 for $8,000 plus $450 shipping (clear title) with 121,000 miles and the original motor replaced (there is evidence the original motor was supercharged before it blew), had to replace the h-pipe and cats and found an original intake tube, scoop and filter (all found cheap on Craigslist). I also had some original Bullitt wheels laying around to go on it.

Gary
That is cool Gary.
Mike

Reactions: Bullitt#5414

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
January 2013 with almost 43,000 miles. The paperwork said the dealer put on 4,000 miles of that. I paid $18,000 after they knocked off $2,000 to get it sold.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
January 2013 with almost 43,000 miles. The paperwork said the dealer put on 4,000 miles of that. I paid $18,000 after they knocked off $2,000 to get it sold.
Thanks for sharing ,Hope you are loving it.
Mike

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Thanks for sharing ,Hope you are loving it.
Mike
Very much so! We go to the Nationals every year and went to Kissimmee for the Bullitt auction in January (2400 miles round trip). The car is a fun drive!

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Thanks , I am just curious how much some of these change hands and I buy what I like and not what I think I can make money on.
Mike
Oh, I knew I'd never make money on it. I just had some buyer's remorse that wasn't the car's fault, it was me. Somehow I'd hoped it would be more of a thrill ride, and not so much what it is...a well balanced car that does everything well but nothing in a spectacular manner.

I tried to sell it for $20K a few months after buying it @4,000 miles by advertising here. No takers...Mark wanted it, but financing fell through for him. He now has right of first refusal should I ever sell. However, by then, my common sense wife convinced me to drive my money out of it. She asked if there was any car out there for less than $50K that gave me a "I want that" feeling. I had to admit there wasn't one then. Even today, that still holds true.

It's been a trouble free ride for 31.000 miles now with by the book service. My only complaint is that it just doesn't "turn my crank" as car guys say.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i paid $5000 for 0898 with 10 k miles on it 9 years ago after it's 4 fender bender.
i fixed it the other 3 times the 4th time it was my car. put $4000 in parts, paint and materials to fix it.
i am up to about $11K in mods on it, forged motor, supercharger, headers, larger exhaust, 6 speed 6060 13 GT500 track pack trans with cooler, W C/F DS upgraded shifter, complete tubular suspension ft to rear, fully built rear end, 6 piston 15" ft brakes, 4 piston 14" brakes W upgraded ABS electronics, 19X10 apex wheels on all 4 corners, have GT500 Laguna Seca 19 X 10 replica wheels also, custom ft bumper, custom modified GT500 hood, GT500 R bumper, GT500 spoiler and a few other mods.
plans on building another motor with larger SC, roll bar W 6 pt harness, and upgraded seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i paid $5000 for 0898 with 10 k miles on it 9 years ago after it's 4 fender bender.
i fixed it the other 3 times the 4th time it was my car. put $4000 in parts, paint and materials to fix it.
i am up to about $11K in mods on it, forged motor, supercharger, headers, larger exhaust, 6 speed 6060 13 GT500 track pack trans with cooler, W C/F DS upgraded shifter, complete tubular suspension ft to rear, fully built rear end, 6 piston 15" ft brakes, 4 piston 14" brakes W upgraded ABS electronics, 19X10 apex wheels on all 4 corners, have GT500 Laguna Seca 19 X 10 replica wheels also, custom ft bumper, custom modified GT500 hood, GT500 R bumper, GT500 spoiler and a few other mods.
plans on building another motor with larger SC, roll bar W 6 pt harness, and upgraded seats.
Sweet deal and great job !! She is beautiful.
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found mine with 160,000 miles on it and paid $7,500 for it. The front-end was worn out, and the powertrain was running strong. I've since put probably another $7,500 into it between paint, mechanical, and mods.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found mine with 160,000 miles on it and paid $7,500 for it. The front-end was worn out, and the powertrain was running strong. I've since put probably another $7,500 into it between paint, mechanical, and mods.
Good for you Jake. Glad you saved her.
Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pulled mine out of a salvage yard 5 years ago for $5,500. Some of the most fun money I've ever spent. Still my daily driver.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts