Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed down to the Funday Sunday event at Orlando yesterday. Weather was in the low 80's and looked like it was gonna rain, but it held off. The track, though, was in pretty good shape (for Orlando). As usual, I got there late :smile: and managed to get only two runs. I did take the car down on a rollback so the car was cool. That was the first time I have ever got to run it while not being heatsoaked from the 50 mile drive.

The first run was decent, but the track was biting and so were the new Nittos. It bogged and I knew it would go much faster. The second run, well, I goofed on that one :smile: I intended to leave much harder, but as I pulled into the beams, the tree started immediately. I was really concerned about losing to the car in the other lane, and as the lights came down, I was only able to come out at about 2500rpm. Bad timing on my part. And I managed to redlight anyway. This run would have been really good, I think, if the RPMs had been up on the launch.

Here they are.

1st
R/T .603
60' 1.979
330' 5.805
1/8 8.928
MPH 79.01
1000' 11.605
1/4 13.860
MPH 100.03

2nd
R/T .493
60' 1.980
330' 5.782
1/8 8.894
MPH 79.17
1000' 11.566
1/4 13.817
MPH 100.26

1,169 Posts
VERY NICE!!! Look's like the Nitto's are working for you.

We definately need to get the Florida Bullitt's together at a track....

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm happy with the runs, I just wish I hadn't blown the second one :smile:

Orlando shuts down for almost a month after this Friday. I really wanted to run a 13 on the Goodyears, but I think I'll go ahead and throw the gears in the car during the break.

1,169 Posts
My 1st time at the track with the good years was my last time at the track with them... :-B It was just not worth it! To much wheel spin plus there not cheap!!!! Come on out to Bradenton on Jan 3rd... I got real serious with my suspension. Why don't you just put an airbag in your right rear it will help allot.Very inexpensive!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might do that. Bradenton is about 130 miles from me, so it's not that far.

The air bag makes a big difference on the Bullitt, huh? I have a few laying around from other Mustangs we have had.

You have a Line-Loc right? Did you install it yourself?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-12-17 22:19 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
I would think the airbag will help allot. It's not that much money. Just look at all the right rear spin you are getting with the right rear wheel.

If you do plan a trip to Bradenton let me know.

I do have a line loc It was installed by Shawn at Fordspeed.com it's completely hidden and works by holding the off button on the cruise control. (Real Nice)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was great talking to you on Sunday. I really liked how those Nittos looked on your 17x9's. I am very tempted to duplicate that setup.

I dropped back down to a string of 14.0's on the Goodyears, but I let my friend have a crack for one pass, and he dropped the car's best down to a 13.92 with a 2.0 60' time.

I need him to have him give me a driving lesson. I am usually in the 2.2 60' range, with my best being a 2.11, which netted my 13.98 run. If I could cut 2.0 with consistency, I think the car would go 13.8 or 13.7 on the Goodyears.

Unfortunately I can't make it back out on Friday, but January in Bradenton sounds very interesting. By the time the track opens up again in Orlando, I'm hoping to have a little work done to the car, so I may never get another shot at a 13.8 timeslip in stock trim.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you end up running that last run Sunday? I saw you pull off the turn-around road and head out so I couldn't catch you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had problems off the line that last run. I think it ended up a 14.02 @ 100.2. I had a lackluster 2.2 60' that slowed me down.

It was a shame, because I was up against an LS1 Camaro that ran 13.9 something. If I had managed a decent launch, I would have given him a run for the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts