Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do something about those to long screws,hanging in the breeze,that secure the throttle plates. If you pull off the air inlet hose,open the throttle wide open,you will see 3/16s on an inch of excess screw below the throttle shaft! This would cause some turbulence,so I ground them to about 1/32 above the shaft,and put some thread sealer on them. You need to remove the throttle body to do this.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Mus, was that really you instead of Joe Isuzu tearing that sport-ute apart in the parking lot on the commercial???? :lol:
Cam

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,that was me! It is really a simple mod. that can only help the quality of air flow. Oh,and you will probally notice,on the back sides of the throttle plates,a dark coating sprayed on the plates and shaft. I am thinking it is a dry film lube coating to save wear on the throttle body shaft and holes.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man Nasty,those were the days!! Yes I had my Erector Set and still do! Back then,early 60s,we made our own black powder for our firecrackers,and rockets,built our go karts,and all the other cool stuff kids don't know about today.....Still have all my fingers too! Oh and I have my old Schwinn Stingray OrangeKrate bike sitting in the garage!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
You still have your ORANGE KRATE Schwinn!!!?

Man, I loved those things as a kid. I always wasted one, but had to settle for a Huffy. :wink:

I didn't have to settle for the Bullitt though. :smile:

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
woo hoo!!! "Banana Bikes"
been a LONG time since i thought about those
let's see.....i LOVED my erector set, Tinker Toys, and my Kenner Bridge & Girder and Kenner Bulding Sets.
anyone remember those?? red plastic beams, columns, and girders with plastice building panels, plastic "roadway" panels and cranes and roof panels.....etc
those were the days!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-06 11:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
How many kids do you see building model cars now a days? My son would have rather sucked a dog's fart. To busy playing electonic games. I believe my love of cars came from building models

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man! My love of musclecars came from building models,reading Super/Stock and Drag magazine,CarCraft,Cars etc. and one wild ride in a neighbors brand new 1965 red GTO convert,with the Tri-power setup.....That did it to me!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Bob, VERY cool that someone rmembers Kenner Bridge and girder!!!
for Christmas, my brother surprised me with a set he bought on Ebay. circa 1963...pretty cool!!
i had a collection of model cars that i built that numbered around 40. custom painted each and every one out in my "paint booth" (dad's garage) painted the engines, exhaust pipes, undersides/floorpans, interior, you name it. then my "buddy" talked me into leaving them in his clubhouse with all his models. within a week some broke in and stole them all. that crapped it for me. next stage was building and repairing my own bikes. built my own 10 speed from a frame and all separate parts. had a friend of my parents paint the frame in custom metalflake blue in his car shop

big sigh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts