Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a wierd one...today, sitting in a parking lot, started 5508, (1000 miles on it) reved it before putting it in reverse and heard this very noticeable beeping sound coming from the right front quarter panel area (engine). I kept doing it for a few seconds while I analyzed what was happening. Only around 1500 would it do this. 1300 nothing...1800 it quit, and only on the accel, not the decel. At first, it sounded like a squeeling belt, but as my analysis went on, I noticed it was a definate beep! Anyway, I put it in reverse and backed out, Put it in first and drove through the parking lot, at a roll with the clutch in, reving, trying to get it to do it again. NOTHING! It hasn't happen since.

Have any of you noticed this before and if so, what the hell was it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Was your seatbelt on?Their is a warning buzzer for the seatbelt that chimes several times at irregular intervals to remind you to put on your seatbelt.I know that you said that the sound was coming from the left front fender,could it possibly be the left side under the dash.As a former Houston Police Officer a young black male tried to shoot me in the head while the gun was about 2" from my right ear;this caused severe damage to my hearing and as such I have an unilateral hearing lose in several frequency ranges which sometimes makes me hear noise from a different location than it was actually in!That is just the only beeping noise that I ever heard in my Bullitt.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe you had a Roadrunner hiding from Wylie Coyote under your hood.BlackBullitt#1768

1 - 4 of 4 Posts