Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I've missed it if it's been posted already ... but has anyone found out what method/logic Ford used in assigning the serial numbers. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think they started by giving the first one number one, then the second number two, etc...apparently, mine was 1409 off the production plant. lol, jk! :smile: I have no clue.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make too much sense.
I've had mine over a month (#1302)and just saw a post where someone picked their's up and it's in the 700 range. I've considered the order date, production date, etc. It almost appears it's done in random order.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
For the most part they receive the next serialization # in line as they are built. One thing to keep in mind is that vehicles are not built in order by VIN # though. One car may have VIN #145687 and the next one behind it may have #139886. Vehicles are scheduled so that you don't end up with 6 convertibles in a row or 20 Cobra's in a row, etc....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question is how the hologram stickers receive their number.....not the VIN...unless these two are somehow related?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no, we have been told from several different sources that there is no relation between the VIN and our Bullitt #'s

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
What about build dates and Bullitt numbers?

I was reading another post here and by their Bullitt number and my build date it looked like it was out of order. I have several dates that are different on the car. One in the drivers door and then a different one on the Windows sticker. Is one of these the real build date?
Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
How about dealer allotments being in the numbering scheme. If you ordered later than someone else, but your dealer had already been alloted a Bullitt that wasn't already spoken for, that's your Bullitt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts