Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does the speedometer recalibration rest entirely in the chip? I was planning on getting a higher performance chip after these mods were complete anyway...so can I just tell them 3.73's when they burn the chip? Is it that simple?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think to answer your question correctly is to say that speedo calibration rest in your ECU. To change that you can do it through either a chip or speedo recal module. Either one will work but the module will allow you to make changes easily if you ever change gears again or rear tire size. The chip would have to reburned for each change. If you are looking for an opinion then go with a speedo recal module. I have gone with a SHM recal module in the past, but will be trying a Speedcal from Dallas Mustang for this car. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tim,
Thanks for your response!
Two questions for you...
1)Is the recal module easy to self-install?
2)What does a recal run...about $100?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Dennis,
The SHM module was very easy to install. Basically it wires in series with some of the outputs from your ECU. Cut a few wires and connect the module. 20 minutes total. The downfall here is the cost. They are $150 and shipping from Canada($25).

I haven't done a Speedcal yet, hell the car is still being worked on. It doesn't look terrible though. I think they are around $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts