Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the dreaded CEL a couple of months ago. The code was P-1151 which is the driver side front O2 sensor detecting lean. Lots of possibilities that could cause it. Reset the computer a couple of times but it always came back. Took it to the shop today and had it rescanned. One sensor dead, on with incorrect reading and a connect that was messed up.

I had both replaced with Motorcraft and had the connector repaired. Runs great now. I may be wrong but it seems to run much better than it did before I even got the CEL. Can the sensor degrade over time but still not set off the CEL??

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I got the dreaded CEL a couple of months ago. The code was P-1151 which is the driver side front O2 sensor detecting lean. Lots of possibilities that could cause it. Reset the computer a couple of times but it always came back. Took it to the shop today and had it rescanned. One sensor dead, on with incorrect reading and a connect that was messed up.

I had both replaced with Motorcraft and had the connector repaired. Runs great now. I may be wrong but it seems to run much better than it did before I even got the CEL. Can the sensor degrade over time but still not set off the CEL??
Yes, O2 sensors can get slow and it will effect performance. You should get better fuel mileage also.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey

I get the same code...I reset and it comes back in a few days/miles... Which 02 sensors did you replace? the ones just in front of the caddy's???

Thanks
TJ

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tjrider said:
Hey

I get the same code...I reset and it comes back in a few days/miles... Which 02 sensors did you replace? the ones just in front of the caddy's???

Thanks
TJ
Replaced both front O2 sensors with Motorcraft. Drives unbelieveably better. Lots of start/stops in three days. No return of the code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts