Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
L3593 is at the dealer. I had asked for a state inspection in September and failed for monitors not being set. Car is 100% stock. No tunes or mods.
I have done the drive cycle as stated in the manual at least 3 times and have put over 400 miles on it in the process. They are still not set so I brought it to the dealer today. They can’t figure it out either. They drove it around all day and are telling me they need to put 1,000 miles on it! That’s crazy! I don’t want someone else putting unnecessary miles on my car.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or have a suggestion? Yes, the gas tank was between 3/4 and 1/4 when I did the drive cycles myself. The battery has never gone dead. Keep a tender on it during the winter. The car starts every time. I’ve had no other issues. Beyond frustrated. I want this taken care of because I don’t drive it much in the winter and inspection is up in December. TYIA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which monitors are not ready?
Do not disconnect the battery or allow anyone to clear (reset) the ECU aka ECM aka car's computer as that sets all monitors to a not ready status. Once a monitor is ready, it remains ready unless voltage is removed or the computer is reset.
Most states allow one monitor to be not ready and the vehicle will pass the emissions inspection. The Evaporative System monitor can be hard to set.
I know you said 100% stock, but are any aftermarket accessories added? Extra cameras? Anything plugged into the ODBII port? Anything patched into a voltage line?
Just throwing out some suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts