Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello IMBOC people,

I just joined this site a month or two ago and I have been reading many posts to learn more about the '01 Bullitt. There is a question I've had and I searched the forum and could not find any info. directly answering my question, so here it goes:

I know there are aftermarket subframe connectors (SFC) that allow the owner to jack up the car via the subframe connectors. I guess these are usually the weld-in type of SFC's. Well, what I'm wondering is can I raise one side of my Bullitt with a floor jack contacting the OEM SFC? I have not done this, I was just thinking about it and wondering if it is an option. From the looks of it our OEM SFC's seem sort of minimal compared to some of the aftermarket ones I've seen. Anyway, I just was thinking about that and wondering if anyone has any thoughts/feedback.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Parker Lewis said:
Hello IMBOC people,

I just joined this site a month or two ago and I have been reading many posts to learn more about the '01 Bullitt. There is a question I've had and I searched the forum and could not find any info. directly answering my question, so here it goes:

I know there are aftermarket subframe connectors (SFC) that allow the owner to jack up the car via the subframe connectors. I guess these are usually the weld-in type of SFC's. Well, what I'm wondering is can I raise one side of my Bullitt with a floor jack contacting the OEM SFC? I have not done this, I was just thinking about it and wondering if it is an option. From the looks of it our OEM SFC's seem sort of minimal compared to some of the aftermarket ones I've seen. Anyway, I just was thinking about that and wondering if anyone has any thoughts/feedback.

Thank you.
Do not jack the car up on the OEM SFC's, they are not robust enough. Do yourself a favor and replace them with an aftermarket weld on set.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
What he said ^^^. Plus these OEM SFC's are from the convertible. Merely more than a wink and a nod towards tightening up the unitbody chassis. If you replace them that's great! If not, you could think about adding some jacking rails instead. Others have done that for jacking applications. But don't bother with both.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you are going to replace them, use a set of 'full-length SFC's that extend from the front of the front rails to the back of the back rails. Check out Maximum Motorsports full length subs. They are a great way to go. You will notice an immedaite difference in the car with them installed.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Make sure you read the Bullitt Archives at the top of page. Much info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts