Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As posted on this thread at The Mustang Source forums (referenced originally from Blue Oval News)-

BULLITT PACKAGE (54B) (Job #2)
Not available with:
• Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack
(53B), Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated
drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),
Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing
stripes, "over the top" (47A) or genuine ford accessory chrome
exhaust tips (90E).
Requires:
1.GT Premium 140A (Coupe Only)
2.Manual Transmission
Includes:
• Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)
• High Performance Calibration
• Performance Friction Carbon Metallic® front brake pads
• Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace
• Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace
• Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)
• Modified "H" Pipe
• 3.73 :1 Limited Slip Rear Axle
• Dark Grey Brake Calipers
• 18" Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish
• Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare
• 3 ½" Packed Exhaust Tips
• New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge
• Bullitt Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap
• Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel
• Sport Leather Seat Appearance
• Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)
• Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)
• Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler
• Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
"• Dark Grey Brake Calipers"

Doh. They just screwed up my "all bullitts" membership card. :)

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
This answers a number of questions.

• Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace
• Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel
• Sport Leather Seat Appearance
• Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)
• Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers

And the True Blue Bullitts just got even MORE unique!

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
B-Man said:
And the True Blue Bullitts just got even MORE unique!
Excellent point! :cool:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Very cool. And with the ability to retune the engine to 320 HP it's quite a HP jump from a GT.
Yea, but that still won't be 320 NET HP like the original 390 GT. It still has just a 281 CID engine and therefore it is still overpriced for what we're getting.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
$4500 over a GT is over priced? Our cars were $3700 over a GT. It is supposed to be around 34K. We have about a 12HP increase over stock. About the only difference in the two cars looks to be the brakes and we didn't get a CAI. So take inflation into account and you are paying about the same price as in 2001. Provided ADMs don't last (which they won't). The SGTs are going for sticker.

Here is a run down on cost for performance parts:
Handling Package $1335
Strut Tower Brace $199
Exhaust $529
H Pipe $139
3.73 Gears $199
CAI $709

$3110 in performance parts alone. Dosen't include the 18" wheel upgrade. With all the interior upgrades seats, steering wheel, metal accents, sill plates it will easily top the $4500 add on. Not a bad deal if you look at it. But this is IF it is only a $4500 package. If it goes over 35K I don't consider it a good buy.

Also the color is Highand Green not Dark Highland Green... See Art didn't lie. There isn't another Mustang being made in DHG.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If this is the price over a standard GT it is the bargain of the decade. If it's over the Premium GT, then it's the same as 01 including inflation. At least that's the way my calculator is working it out. It was a bargain in 01, it's still a bargain. And no pony to pull off the grill. Looking more and more like the 68 everyday. 281 cid is pretty good with three valves too! More so than our two valver. Plenty of tuner parts for this engine, not like it's one of a kind either.

Does it look like I'm gonna get one? Yeah, once the 20-30% depreciation takes it's toll on someone's "investment". Then I'll get one. Just too much of a Scrooge! LOL!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yes, it is still way over priced and very, very disappointing. If you know anything about cars, car sales, and car manufacturing you would realize this is not worth defending at all.

They could've given us the 5.4 without all the other changes and then left the other add-ons to do ourselves. Most buyers would prefer that route. Suspension and interior mods are easier than swapping a whole motor. There just is not enough engine in this car, PERIOD, and this is the concensus throughout most of the Mustang websites I have read. Expert critics are concistent in pointing this out if nothing else.

They've been selling the 4.6 4-V motor Mach I engine since 2003 and they could've put that in instead of some 3-V engine they offer in everything else. They could've easily offered this Mach I engine and/or the 5.4 as pencil-in options and let us pay for it to include the GG-tax if we are willing to pay it. Their lack of willingness to do so is dishonorbale and unacceptable.

Aftermarket will supply the same thing that Ford is putting on at much cheaper prices and the same or better quality. Using Ford equivalents as options provided by the factory is no big deal and no real bargain. All the FRPP add-ons combined dont cost that much anyway, so there is no reason to pass this off as a bargain when it isn't (just like the Shelby GT). The Shelby GT(s) are sitting on lots for months on end at "sticker price" and are not moving they way they thought they would (and shouldn't with just a 4.6 engine in them). People are not stupid and they are not that desperate. CAI(s) are no big deal and neither are gears. The CAI, the "performance tune", and the 3.73 gears are all the performance enhancements that are offered for the 2008 BULLITT and they will refuse to allow us to add anything "special" if we wanted (like they used to in the old days).

Ford's performance tune will be barely just that as well as their CAI. Aftermarket will no doubt (because they already do) offer better tunes and equivalent CAI(s), so there is no real incentive over the 2001. Why pay Ford to do something in the factory that you can do better yourself?

Ford has failed AGAIN to provide a car for the money there are charging. They have again shown that they are inflexible when it comes to what buyers want. This is why they are losing their asses. If they sold Mustangs the way they did back in 1969 they would be more successful.

Given that it is believed that FORD reads these Mustang websites AND with the fact that there are a few folks that will defend anything FORD does reagrdless of it being right, wrong, good, or bad only hurts the buying public and allows FORD and other big companies to get away with providing less than they actually could when otherwise they would be held more accountable for their attitude(s) than they have been since 1971.

Best of luck ... GO BUY ONE ... but if one of these days you find yourself on the shorter end of the deal than you care for you will only have yourself others to blame.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
"If you know anything about cars, car sales, and car manufacturing you would realize this is not worth defending at all."

Then I guess I am just plain stupid, yup yup. :-N

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Mike, what color do you plan on purchasing?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Cochese said:
Mike, what color do you plan on purchasing?
Mean and Green.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
B-Man said:
Mean and Green.
But the one in your sig is black (with orange stripes). :shock:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
So if I understand you correctly give you a big engine with a stock GT suspension and that would be your idea of a good Bullitt? Given your logic the 01 is a big disapointment also.

On another subject. Can someone check conceps to see if the price is still $1895? If so that would be a great price for a SE car.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
sounds about like I expected
still needs red calipers and better wheels though. Those look like ****.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well YES IT SURE IS ... After all that is what the original 68 GT was in the first place; a Mustang with the stock GT suspension with the BIG RIGHTEOUS ENGINE that was not as expensive of an option beyond the GT option. AT LEAST THEY HAD IT AVAILABLE !!!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Unfortunately Ford or any other car manufacturer isn't going to offer multiple engines without a package deal. Dodge Charger the most obvious. To get the big "hemi" you have to buy the SRT 8 package. And I think Ford is watching Dodge and the fact that they lost $1000 on evey car they sold last year. So much for the big engines sell theory. If $4 gas comes you can bet that we will see fewer and fewer Muscle cars with large displacement engines. Ford has a turbo 6 that is rated at over 350 HP. A good possibility you will see that engine in the next year or two. Not happy about it but that's the way it is...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The new Bullitt...........

Am I excited about the new BULLITT? Well, no. Reading the new specs was about as exciting as watching grass grow. I was really hoping for something under the hood other than the 4.6 3V. I guess if your 01 is worn out and you need a replacement, then this is the car, but the new BULLITT can't be an earth shattering event in my life. Yes, I know the new body style is better, but is it "that much" better for me to give up DHG #159..........Will the new Bullitt be the $15 or $20K trade difference better than my BULLITT?
To be honest, in the next two years, the new Camaro will hit the streets. It will put the new Bullitt, the Shelby GT, Shelby GT 500 to shame in a stop light to stop light race. The new Challenger will also be some stiff competition.
Honestly, Ford should have put the BULLITT name to rest and let us enjoy our one-of-a kind 2001. I think a Boss or a Mach I would have been more appropriate.
I love my BULLITT............but if I ever go for another muscle car toy it will have a bit more than 320hp under the hood.............
The only good I see out of the new model is that more people will get to enjoy this great club and it's class act members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
As posted on this thread at The Mustang Source forums (referenced originally from Blue Oval News)-

BULLITT PACKAGE (54B) (Job #2)
Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare
Hey, that sold me! :lol: Can you get it without the heated seats? I mean, come on. :roll:

I'm fairly brand loyal. Although I like the Challenger and Camaro, not enough to switch. I didn't buy my Bullitt because it was a screamer, so I wouldn't buy the new one because of it either. Now, if I go look at it and the hair stands up on the back of my neck(again) :wink: I'm sold! :lol:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts