Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was telling my wife today about a couple I saw in a parking lot who were taking a close look at 1339 as they passed by. Then, out of the blue, she tells me..."yep, I'm sure I can hold you off for a year, but once you realize you can find the new Bullitt used, I have a feeling we're going to be the proud owners of a car payment."

Holy 'not enough garage space, Batman'! Did she actually just say what I think she did? We are not the type to have a car payment. But, given the subject car I may have to break the rules. I didn't even bring this up, either! I can't believe this may actaully happen. I figured I'd have to wait several years, especially with two young kids now. I tell you though. I will be very picky when the day comes. I'll get one with all the mods I want already done and with all the options from Ford. I'm hoping Ford will allow many of the same options in the new Bullitt as they do the other mustangs. I'd love to get one with a dvd navigation system and all that other cool stuff. My delima will be what do I park outside of the garage? Currently, the 69 and the B are in the garage. Her vehicle is in the driveway. I'm sure I'll drive the new B as a daily driver and get rid of my current cheap daily driver. I guess that means the new B will have to go outside.

Now I can't wait even more to see what the final product will look like.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
rangerdoc said:
...Then, out of the blue, she tells me..."yep, I'm sure I can hold you off for a year, but once you realize you can find the new Bullitt used, I have a feeling we're going to be the proud owners of a car payment."
Cool, but be advised that you need to get a notarized written statement and/or an audio recording of her statement. Down the road "selective memory" may kick in and she may say, "Are you nuts? I said NO such thing!"

:wife:

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I see you are well versed in communicating with the opposite sex!

The recent commercial on TV about the guy answering the door and the delivery guy is there with appliances......wife sitting on the couch with a tape recorder playing "If I can get the golf clubs you can have anything you want" (his voice).

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
:lol: You sound like a little kid in a candy store! :lol: Just build a bigger garage like we had to! :tongue: I know.... mo money :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
You'd better clarify that she meant you could get the '08 AND keep the '01!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Uh oh, Charles might be rolling in an 08' soon huh? Heck we need to worry about buying our first house before we get into another car payment. BTW, #0754 get paid off fully next month. Woohoo!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
rangerdoc said:
I was telling my wife today about a couple I saw in a parking lot who were taking a close look at 1339 as they passed by. Then, out of the blue, she tells me..."yep, I'm sure I can hold you off for a year, but once you realize you can find the new Bullitt used, I have a feeling we're going to be the proud owners of a car payment."

Holy 'not enough garage space, Batman'! Did she actually just say what I think she did? We are not the type to have a car payment. But, given the subject car I may have to break the rules. I didn't even bring this up, either! I can't believe this may actaully happen. I figured I'd have to wait several years, especially with two young kids now. I tell you though. I will be very picky when the day comes. I'll get one with all the mods I want already done and with all the options from Ford. I'm hoping Ford will allow many of the same options in the new Bullitt as they do the other mustangs. I'd love to get one with a dvd navigation system and all that other cool stuff. My delima will be what do I park outside of the garage? Currently, the 69 and the B are in the garage. Her vehicle is in the driveway. I'm sure I'll drive the new B as a daily driver and get rid of my current cheap daily driver. I guess that means the new B will have to go outside.

Now I can't wait even more to see what the final product will look like.
COOL ... Sell me the 69 and you'll gain some garage space ... :~))

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Bullitt3817 said:
You'd better clarify that she meant you could get the '08 AND keep the '01!
A most excellent point, Perry!

:shock:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no! She knows the '01 will never be sold. In fact, I've contemplated selling the 69 in the past and she wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TXBLUOVAL said:
COOL ... Sell me the 69 and you'll gain some garage space ... :~))
Like I said, she'll never let me. You'd have to offer a whole bunch of serious cash before she would consider it. By the time you reached the proper amount you could probably buy a completely concourse restored version.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
rangerdoc said:
Oh no! She knows the '01 will never be sold. In fact, I've contemplated selling the 69 in the past and she wouldn't let me.
Right, but she didn't know you'd be selling it to a REAL NICE GUY LIKE ME ... (ROFLMAO)

Use reverse psychology ... Tell her you're selling the 69 to a real nice couple in Houston so you'll have space for the 2008 ... (then add that after all, the 2008 WAS HER IDEA ...) :~))

If that don't work you can always put her on the phone with Yung ... :~))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts