Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Oh man, what a sound!!!!!

765 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  MOLJAY 
#1 ·
Just got my SpinTech mufflers installed, and WOW!! I thought it would sound better, but I never thought it would improve the sound this much... :grin: :grin: It growls like you wouldn't believe, and they were right, they don't drone at all. In fact, they sound about the same as stock at highway speeds, maybe a slight amount louder, but not much. This sound is really impressive considering that I still have the stock h-pipe with 4 cats on it. I was going to put on an x-pipe, but now I think I will leave it alone, I don't want to mess with the sound again... :smile:

#4 ·
Jay, how about posting a sound clip if you can't get by my house so I can hear it? I still think you should get a catted Mac H pipe before dyno day.

John

#5 ·
The mufflers they put on are Spin Tech Prostreet. I don't know the part number, but I will find out. I ordered them thru Team Ford in Marietta Georgia, and mine is the first Bullitt that they have heard them on, they were extremely happy with the sound. I'm definitely considering an H-pipe with cats now, because I hear that these don't change the pitch of the exhaust sound, but would be a little louder and give me a boost in horsepower. They sound so good with the stock h-pipe and cats, though, that I'm really leaning towards not doing anything else to the exhaust. I can get hp from other mods. :grin: Gotta go drive it home, so I can hear it some more! :smile: :smile:

#8 ·
Before I traded my mineral grey 01 gt in on my bullitt I put the spin tech mufflers on and they are awesome! Very deep without the freeway drone.

#10 ·
Hey Travis, you might want to consider an H-pipe with cats, instead of an X. The X gives it a higher pitched, exotic kind of sound, but the H retains the low throaty sound. As for me, I drove it home last night, and back to work this morning, and I'm done with exhaust mods, it sounds perfect now!! :grin: It's much louder than stock, but not too loud, it sounds downright mean, and it purrs like a cat on the highway, it is exactly what I was looking for. I will post the part number later today, when I get it, I should have written it down off of the box, but didn't think about it.

John, I don't have any way to record a sound clip, but I was planning on swinging by your house on my way home today. :smile:

#11 ·
Jay, please do swing by on your way home. I'll be home except for between 7 - 8 PM. Picking up my mother-in-law from the bus station (non-flyer). I can't wait to go for a ride and see how it rocks.

John

#12 ·
Okay guys, here is the info on these mufflers. They are Spin Tech Pro-Street Part #6224. They have a list price of $75.50 each, and an online price of $69.50 on their website. I spoke to my contact at Team Ford, and he said that they are willing to do a group purchase deal, if enough Bullittheads are interested. The price would depend on how many want them, but I can tell you that they have been real good to work with, in my dealings with them. They even told me to take mine to a muffler shop down the street, because they needed new flow tubes made, and they don't have a pipe bender. This cost them $110 that they could have made on the installation, so I appreciate this kind of honesty. The mechanic told me he could make them work, but they would look real cheesy, and he wouldn't do that to a Mustang, especially a Bullitt! :grin: Anyway, if you are interested in a group buy, you can either post here, and I will let him know, or call Mark Lutes at Team Ford directly @ 770-422-1100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.