Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
you know this is kinda funny,i used to pick on Mustangs,and they used to pick on me,they cause me to change rear ends in my 71 roadrunner from 355 to 410 to catch the little fast pony's,of coarse gas milage was'nt that good with 355's,with 410's it really went south! LOL. "lost my roadrunner in a flood".
this is the first mustang i've owned that is fairly new,the only reason is my son bought it,{he is in the air force}and was driving pretty far,could'nt handle passing everything but a gas station and was gonna trade it in on a toyota camry,dealership would'nt gave anything on the trade,i bought it,very clean gray/silver GT
maybe somebody in here can help me out with something.when i got insurance on the pony,my insurance company said the vin comes back to a Bullit,i told them,its not a bullit,it has a rear spoiler,fog lights,and does'nt say bullit anywhere on the car.
what part of the vin would say its a bullit mustang??i can say one thing about this car,its very fast,compared to cobra mustang,it was'nt even a race,i left them with four people in my car,SS camaro same story.
maybe someone here could shine some light on this for me
Thanks
Gadget

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Nothing in the VIN: Info from the Bullitt Archives--
BULLITT VIN Information
1 Is country of origin (US)
F Manufacturer (Ford)
A Vehicle type (passenger car)
F Restraint system (seat belts with air bags)
P Is make (Ford)
42 Line/series/body type (GT)
X Is engine (4.6 litre single overhead cam)
9th digit Is the check digit, must be a number 0-9, or the letter X
10th digit Is production year 1 = 2001. y= 2000
F Denoting the Dearborn Assembly Plant
Last 6 digits Are the sequential build #'s

NOTE: Inside the drivers door on the door jam a sticker with some information on it.

The Bullitt must have a trim code of KW. K is the Bullitt specific part which refers to the seat design/type, while the W stands for Dark Charcoal.

If it doesn't say KW for the trim code, then it is NOT a BULLITT!

There is also a sticker on the left front shock tower with a number on it, also one under the rear seat.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Silverbullitt?

If this car has a salvage title it maybe the silverbullitt that was made from two cars, both had been totaled out by the insurance companies. One a silver GT, the other a 01 Bullitt. The car was then repainted silver. Remember:question:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm pretty sure when I run my vin it comes back as a 2001 mustang gt bullitt. I thought the same thing with there not being any specific vin code. Only in my case I do have a bullitt.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
when you run ANY GT from 2001, they come back as "option:bullitt?", and the dealer/ins agent/whatever has to check the book on what add-ons make the bullitt package and verify the car is/is not a bullitt... so the VIN only references the overall GT 2001 not the bullitt package...

shaun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts