Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the lastest issue,October I believe,of MM&FF magazine,they put their test Bullitt on the scales,several times,and came up with 3900 lbs.,with their 178 lbs. driver aboard. Simple math puts the Bullitt at around 3720 lbs.,with full tank of gas!!!! Holy cow Batman!! I hope they mistakenly filled up with LEADED fuel!! Man,I will have to put mine on the scales. Maybe just an August April Fools joke ,I hope! Anyone weigh their car yet?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would never categorize mmff as the most definitive source of information. There is no way that weight figure is correct.

·
Registered
762 Posts
According to my shipping documents my Bullitt with less than a 1/4 tank of gas weighs 3158 lbs. Don't know what MMFF weighed, but I don't think I have a Bullitt-lite.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-25 17:45, JB VOBRA wrote:
I would never categorize mmff as the most definitive source of information. There is no way that weight figure is correct.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You said it! They contradict themselves all the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
anyone else in Texas is gonna be out at HRP tomorow night? some guys gonna show me his 66 Mustang Fastback for sale...:smile: its got a 289HI-PO stock....I think i will be buying it!

·
Registered
586 Posts
How does Corral's 1/4 ET calculator size up our weight with our expected horses? I think our Bullitts likely weigh in about the same as a regular GT.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-08-26 00:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
My 2000 Feature GT 5-speed coupe weighs 3180 with 1/3 tank gas. Add my 180 and in race trim I'm at 3360. The on-line hp calculators say that with a 13.87 @ 98.3 mph in the 1/4 mile, I've got 246 rwhp. Factored for 15-18% driveline loss, that would mean 283-290 hp at the flywheel.

I thought someone said their Bullitt weighed 3175 with 1/4 tank gas. Sounds right compared to my GT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This same thread was going on over on corral. We have a scale where I work, so I went out and weighed my Bullitt. With just a bit under a half tank it weighed 3340lbs. That was without me in the car.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That was me that reported a weight of 3158 with just less slightly than a 1/4 tank of gas. The difference in weight for mine is that at the time I didn't have the stock headers or stock h-pipe on the car also I had already removed the vibration dampner. The scales used were Wallenius Lines at the Long Beach shipping pier. No way could MMFF be right with their figure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
By the way, I weighed my '00 GT (3180 lbs) at a Dept of Transportation weigh station. Their scales are accurate to within +/- 20 lbs. Ford's "source book" claimed that the '00 GT 5 speed coupes weighed 3237 lbs wet, so with less than a full tank of gas I was able to shave 57 lbs (gas weighs 9 lbs per gallon).

I would not expect a Bullitt to weigh much more than a GT. I would think the intake manifold would add some weight, but the lack of rear spoiler could save a pound or two. Bigger disc brake rotors could add a little, but what else is really that different in terms of weight?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, we've got some more suspension hardware, too, so that's a few pounds.

Brakes + Intake + Suspension - Spoiler...

Hmm...is that all? I don't know the weights of any of this.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
GROAN!!!!(again)
or wait, is that me groaning or is that the springs making noise -LOL

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Hey Nasty,
I can't park next to the curb, because when I get in. I can't close the door without screwing the grass up. HA Ha Ha Weight ChaLLeged people unit for bigger chairs, and Larger all you can eat places

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Nasty, That's 160 for you and the rest of that 2700 lbs. is just the beer and Krispy Kreems ( doughnuts) !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts