Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Bullitt owners:

I was watchin' a little late night T.V. the other day and one of these oil additive infomercials comes on...before I get a chance to turn the channel up pops the man himself!

Apparently he is putting it in all of the new Series 1 line of cars he is currently producing. He also runs it in all of his own cars.

I have always been very wary of miracle products like this, however if he is willing to stake his reputaion on it, it might just be a quality product.

The nam,e of the product is Z-Max, it is a "Lynkite" synthetic blend. It "penetrates metal completely, for unsurpassed protection." It is approved by the FAA, and so on...

Would like to hear any feedback/opinions you all might have!

Joe Schwartz
DHG #00238

·
Registered
543 Posts
IMHO, snakeoil. If I recall correctly Ford says don't use additives in the manual somewhere.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I doubt I'll ever use any oil additive again after reading this article:

Snake Oil

I'm not going to swear that there would never be any additive I would buy, but it would take alot more than any one man's endorsement, even if that man is Carroll Shelby.

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-08-24 10:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd be very wary of anything that Carroll Shelby endorses. As you may know, he (and Shelby America) have filed law suits against two very promonent Cobra Replica manufactors (Factory Five and Superformance) on the grounds that he owns the Cobra 427 image. I don't want to go into details, but the affect of these law suits has caused many who own replicas (like who's got the $$$ for a real Cobra?) to become very disenchanted with Carroll.

IMHO, he's come full circle from starting out as a chicken farmer to now peddling snake oil.

Buyer beware.

Keep the rubber side down,
Randy R...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cobra 427 on 2001-08-24 11:04 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
nope,...no additives in my baby.........EVER!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like Carroll is trying to get some money up so he can pay back the deposits on his new car.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
shelby...
the man.....
the myth........
the now reduced to carnival barker and shill
anything for a buck, a shadow of his former greatness.....

sad..very sad

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
it IS sad.
he was once one of the most dynamic, aggressive, and creative forces in the auto industry AND the racing world!!!i wish he would have retired with the star still shining brightly!!
i'll remember the greatness and try to ignore the recent past

1 - 9 of 9 Posts