Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Amsoil has a new 0w30 synthetic that I'm going with on my second change. 4000. Right now I use the recommended 5w20 petroleum based oil until I know she is completely broken in. Cold weather is going to love this 0w30.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Please see my other posts regarding 0(zero) viscosity and API viscosity ratings in general.

Zero is impossible.

All 5W's are 5 viscosity when cold. They higher number only comes into play at the higher temperatures.

The manual recommends 5W20, but says any oil with the API star stating "For Gasoline Engines" is acceptable.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
note about synthetics. When I was a mechanic 20+ yrs ago the trades wrote about not using synthetics until after you're broken in. The oil is too slick to allow the rings to seat etc. 'Course, things may have changed in 20 yrs. Also, in my book it was always advantageous with a new block to change the first oil @ 500-1000 miles max to flush out all the prelubes used during assembly. Just my opinion/practice.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where can you get a magnetic plug that will fit our BULLITTs? I never heard of such a thing, but only makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts