Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to install some gauges in the car. As far as oil press gauge, are you guys using the "T" fitting to keep the factory sensor functional at the oil filter adapter?

What about water temp? I know we have CHT sensor on the pass side head. Water temp gauge necessary? Thinking about putting the sensor in the driver's side block port. Good location?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ordered autometer pro comp oil press, water temp gauges and bunch of 1/4, 1/8 npt fittings. I will post some pics after the install and parts used. Looks pretty tight and not much room by factory oil sensor.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a quick update. I used 2 fittings. One is an short 1/4 npt male/female adapter with 1/8 npt female ports and the other is 90* 1/4npt make and female combo.

Below fittings are all you need to install the aftermarket oil pressure sending unit and also keep the stock sensor.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tapped ignition wire from junction box for power obviously and tapped factory illumination wire so both autometers and factory gauges can be adjusted from factory dimmer switch.

if you decide to do gauges, do yourself a favor and take the seats out. Don’t be me.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Wow...great job & project. Looks awesome & nice added monitoring capability. Kudos to you!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts