Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have found my problem, what do you guys think?
I got a oil smell out of my vents only when I start up the car in the morning. This started after my header/brenspeed tune mods. I had the car up on the rack , I seen nothing. I made sure my cam covers were tieght, and they were. I was just about ready to drop the car off at the dealership for a couple of day's. Then it came to me, I think that in the brenspeed tune, the fans turn on right away . So if there is any normal oil smell around the engine ,it will get forced into the air vents.
The ford tune waits tell the engine get hot , giving the oil smell time to leave the area.
Am I wrong?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Mine does'nt turn on right away but alot sooner then with the stock tune.Im not sure my ever turned on with the stock tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
check the seal on the left valve cover he round one that seals the cam sensor front top corner i have mine that is leaking a little it dribbles down to the exhaust i get a wiff inside once in a while i keep it moped up til i get a new seal I wont bring to dealer goin to do myself.....any one happen to know the part #

1 - 3 of 3 Posts