Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys (and Gals),
I'm getting my Kenne Bell blower delivered this week and I'm getting ready by putting in 93 Octane (Ouch...$4.45/gal) and changing the oil. The Bullitt has seen Motocraft 5w-20 since new. Should I stay with this or change to something with a little more viscosity like 5w-30?
Thanks for your help!
Bruce

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Hey Bruce, you can use 5w30 all the time. I started using it at the first oil change which was 2500 miles on 1543. The only reason ford went to 5w20 was for emissions and fuel economy purposes only, they did not do anything different to the engine. I was using Mobil-1 5-30. But with my new motor am going to regular 5-30 motorcraft since it gets changed every 2500 to 3000 miles cant see spending the extra bucks now on the synthetic stuff. I did not have any problems with the 5-30 oil.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Kenne Bell uses its own oil which you have to keep on changing with your regular oil change though, correct?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I was asking about the motor. The KB is self lubricated. I bought enough extra from KB for two additional oil changes. Their oil is pricey ($4.50 for 8-oz), but after what I spent for the kit, I'm not taking a chance on anything. I believe that they recommend every 12,000 miles, but I'll change it once a year since I only put on about 3,000 miles per year.

I think I'll switch to the Motocraft 5w-30. It seems like the higher viscosity will be a little better protection with the KB. BTW, isn't Motocraft a synthetic blend?

Thanks again,
Bruce

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.