Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size metric bolts I need to pull the balancer off!! I believe it is an 8mm,but don't know the thread pitch.Went to Home Depot,but of course that was useless.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mus408, not sure why you are looking for bolts. Go to Autozone and ask them to loan you a crankshaft pulley puller or you can buy one from them for $15 bucks. Leave the belt on and put the car in 5th with the hand brake applied. Remember to remove the flat washer after removing the center crankshaft pulley bolt. Then attach the puller to the three bolt holes. When installing the new pulley fill the key slot with hi temp RTV. Partially (I stress partially) seat the Steeda pulley with the Steeda bolt. Finish seating it with the stock bolt. Don't forget to reuse the flat washer. Torque to 115 ft lbs.

John

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a good puller,just needed the correct metric bolts. Went to Sears and looked at one,which had various size bolts,one size metric included. Had the salesperson open it up,to see if that bolt would fit,using the new Steeda as the model,but no it didn't. The 8mm is right,but the number of threads is wrong. Will get it done tomorrow! I don't for the life of me,know why we have to have this Metric crap anyway!!If everyone is going to it,why can't you go the the local hardware and get one?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mus408,

Man I wish I could help you. I'm sitting here looking at the bolt I used to remove mine. Let me know if there is anything I can tell you about it.

Brad

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything installed,and working with no problems. Voltage check,with lights and A/C on,at idle,showed no change in voltage. Ckecked belt speed,with hand held tachometer,and got an indicated 25% drop in speed from stock.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Mus408, ket us know what you think or feel as far as performance goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts