Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered all the trim goodies for #4841. Well, I didn't want to go overboard with them, I got:

A/C knobs
E-Brake cover
EJECT cig lighter (meaning, go ahead, just TRY to smoke in my car!)
Headlight switch cover

I wish they were already here....sigh, I'm impatient!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
You think that's bad, try waiting for your car!!! You kinda have an idea of what those who ordered it in January went thru for them to arrive. I ordered 745 on Jan16 and didn't pick it up until May 8th. That was a lifetime!!!
Cam

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know how you feel Dona, I installed the e-brake cover, and it is beautiful. :smile: Now I can't wait to get the other pieces!

:bullitt:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Kool, thanks MOLJAY.

I'm kinda glad I DIDN'T know anything about a "Bullitt" until my husband saw one on the showroom floor on October 1st, I'd NEVER have been able to wait for one! I had not a clue what it was and I'm usually UP on all the newest models coming out...just never heard of it. Well, it didn't take long for me to fall in love. First time I looked at it my mind was thinking "how do I add a spoiler".....24 hours later my mind is thinking "there is NO way I'd ever put a spoiler on this car!!". Total change of heart...I LOVE my BULLITT!!!

:smile:
Dona

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good job Dona. It really sounds like you're getting into having a Bullitt and not just being someone who bought a Bullitt to say they own one. I read a story of a guy who bought a Bullitt and put it in his garage with a cover and there it sits with like 50 miles on it. Oh well, but hey if you're having fun with it, you're doing the right thing. And don't you love the Blue color?

Anthony
True Blue #2979

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Anthony...

I'm definitely getting into the Bullitt....I appreciate it for way more than the name, especially since I didn't even know what is was two weeks ago. I love the sleek design and when I look at it just right...I can see the old style..especially in the rear....it's just TOO cool!

I have a hard time driving it in the rain, but I think someday I'll be able to...just not yet. I did drive it for the 3rd time yesterday, it had been over a week since I drove it (way too much rain here)...and now it has like 74 miles on it...I'm working on it though....

:smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Dona You can always wash it! Hubby washes Bullette at least once a week or 2wice. Then you could see all the different speeds of the wipers when you drive it in the rain. :smile:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does he wash it at a carwash or in the drive or what? I just haven't had a chance to wash it and I'm DYING too...it's just constantly raining, or there is an hour break from it or whatnot...but I want to wash it SO bad!! I want to do it by hand, always, but I know that won't be possible in the winter!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Coin-op washers? Blasphemy! You need a couple of cotton towels and a hose to do the car justice. If you want to learn more about washing a car than you ever needed to know, check out www.zainobros.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just waxed and detailed my Bullitt for the first time today. It looks so good that I can't stop looking at it. I keep going back out to the garage to look at it. I think I'm starting to develop a neurosis. It's so strange because the longer I own this car the more I love it. And I liked it alot to begin with!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Dona,

Wait till you wash that baby for the first time. It will feel soooo good. And if you liked the washing you'll love the first time you put a wax on it. You won't believe how really good your Bullitt looks. Those Blue Bullitts just shine like you wouldn't believe. I've waxed mine twice. Have fun.

Anthony
TB #2979

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a hard enough time keeping my shifter knob cool from the sun beating down on it (I usually throw a dark green washcloth over it). How do you keep the added trim crap you guys are putting on from searing your fingers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hand washings and drying is the only way to go also apply a nice coat of wax every 3 washings to keep shine up and inbetween washings give just reg water baths and chami dry. also blowdryer out the hood scoup to reduce water spotting!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts