Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do with yours
I have years on top of years woth & nothing to do with them dose anybody want them
Im in Va close to NC & will give them to you if you want them

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey Bob, Who painted that "Bullitt" RED !! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
McQueen, how far back do the mags go? You live pretty close to my Grandmother and aunt. Don't have any 'Cars Illustrated' or 'Hot Street & Strip Cars' mags do ya?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
AHHHHH you got my attention!! Yeah,how old are they? I see you collect the old ones too 01GT. Any Super/Stock,Cars,or Popular Hot Rodding?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I am looking for several, but one in particular is, I believe 'Hot Street and Strip Cars' say from early to mid 1987. The cover has a black 5 Liter LX smoking the tires and says "5 Liters of Fury". I had this mag but I lost it. I had a black 87 5.0 just like that and I would love to have anothe copy of it. If you find it, I'll give ya ten bucks for it :smile:

BTW, Cars Illustrated and Hot Street and Strip Cars could be confused with regular Mustang Mags, because they focused on the 5.0 so much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-12-24 23:19 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,152 Posts
I, well hubby, has some old Playboy magazines that I found the other day cleaning up. Some date back to the 60's and 70's!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-24 16:46, bullittman wrote:
Hey Bob, Who painted that "Bullitt" RED !! :lol:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Shhh bullittman, I'm incognito. :wink:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I have that mag in my collection,somewhere 01GTB. That car was ordered as a radio delete,no A/C car I believe. I am always on the lookout for the car mags from mid 60s thru 1971. Another great series,was on the project Mean Mr.Mustang,of the late Steve Collison.....Super/Stock and early MM&FF mag. One bad '87 LX!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-25 18:48 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I always liked the writing style of Tony DeFeo. There was a great article he wrote in MM&FF about 4 years ago regarding that time and that car in particular. He didn't make enough money at these magazines to afford it, so he delivered pizza at night to make ends meet. He only had the car about a year and was forced to sell it. It had made over 1000 1/4 mile passes in it's short career.

Mus408, if you ever run across another copy of that one, let me know.

For those not familiar with him, here is a piece he wrote, that I managed to find via search engine. WARNING: The language here may seem a bit rough to some http://www.nitronic.com/research/defeo.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-12-25 19:54 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hey 01GTB,while looking for another mag,I found that July 87 issue of CARS mag. That black 87 LX sticker price was just over 10 grand,radio delete,with 3.08 gear,5 sped. They got it to run 13.9s at 98 MPH,stock!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I knew it was either Cars Illustrated or Hot Street and Strip Cars. Knowing what mag it actually is might make my search easier, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
You're not gonna believe this. I think Ijust missed an auction for that magazine last week :eek: Was it Volume 5 Number 6?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yes it was 01GTB!! How much did it sell for? I plan on keeping my copy. You never know when you will need it for reference!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I am looking for one though......The 1969 Supercar Annual,put out by CARS mag. I had it when it came out,and somehow it slipped away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-02 20:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-02 20:49 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts