Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I downsized my wheels. Changed to an 17" A/R Torque Thrust with in the same width as the original 18's. Then mounted 245/55 17's giving more of a 60's look. The standard width wheel in combination with 10mm wider tire allows the sidewall to extend out somewhat from the deeper rim of the new wheels. I get more compliments on the look of the wheel/tire combo than any other aspect of the car, whose odometer just rolled past 7,000 miles.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I thought our original wheels were 18 X 8.5. Still, gotta agree with you..the new wheels look darned sharp!
You
Hmmm, I thought our original wheels were 18 X 8.5. Still, gotta agree with you..the new wheels look darned sharp!
You are correct. My bad. 18's down to 17's.
The smaller wheel combined with higher sidewall tire gives about an exact match to original stock circumference.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I like it. Looks tough. I would have liked that option as well but I ended up going slightly larger in diameter (19") for when I go with larger brakes eventually. Another upside is usually tires are cheaper with smaller diameter. Good work!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never been to the cruise. A little long of a drive for me without a trailer. Just turned 7,500 miles this summer and never been in the rain. Bought it from the original owner 5 years ago (3,500 miles then) and assured him I would keep it in pristine condition.
Ran into a gent a couple of years ago from Soo Ontario with the same year Bullitt and he took several pics of the wheels to bring his to the same configuration. Thought it may have been you when I saw your plates.

Cheers friend,
Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts