Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down I64 yesterday. Traffic was sort of heavy, but I managed to get myself into the fast lane (gee, I wonder how). I passed a white early-90s 5.0 (didn't catch the exact year), no spoiler, PERFECT condition. He pulled up next to me after I passed. I looked over, and he had this big grin on his face, nodding his head, pointing at my car. I smiled and gave him a thumb's-up. We ran together for a little while, but traffic kinda held him back.

It was one of those beautiful moments that makes you think that, yes, there are still cool people left in the world, and perfect strangers can enjoy a moment of fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Micah. I encountered a late 80's 5.0 LX at a light just as it turned green. I was one car back, so I caught his exhaust note as he pulled out before the Bullitt started playing harmony. This was definitely not a stock Mustang! I cleared the traffic and we both hit it a bit, not too hard as we were running near a police station, but enough to have some fun. At the next light, I pulled up next to him and we got talking about each other's cars. His first question was "Is that a real Bullitt?". My first question was "What do you have under the hood of that thing?". It's a good thing I didn't try to take him, though.... he said he was running in the low 12's, and from the look of the car, I believe him.

I truly wish there were more people like this in the world, regardless of what they choose to drive.

True Blue Bullitt #2964
'67 Mustang Ragtop

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickyBoy on 2001-09-17 21:53 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts