Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

One Off Electric Blue Factory Painted Bullitt?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DavidMidgley 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum here.
My close friend offered to sell me his "factory painted one off" Mustang Bullitt.
It has 20k miles and is a 2019.
And he said new he paid about 55,000.
And I heard these cars start at 45,000 so he probably has 10,000 in options.
Money is not really a factor for him as he's offering to sell me this way below market value and he is a close friend.

My question to you guys is would you buy a Blue Bullitt? Am I going to have an issue selling it because its blue? Or will I actually sell it for more since its one of a kind factory painted blue?

I'm looking at this as a short term investment.
I wasn't planning to buy a car but if I can essentially drive it for free for a few months to a year im in.

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I'm sure there are numerous people wondering about the claim of being a "factory painted one off". Unless it's the Kona Blue Bullitt that Jesse Foster won from the JDRF raffle, the chances of it being a factory painted blue Bullitt is somewhere close to zero. If it's not that car then some sort of documentation would be required for any knowledgeable Bullitt enthusiast to pay extra money for it. I'm not in the market for a blue Bullitt, but I know the one they raffled off was very nice. If it can be documented I'm sure there would be some interest. If it's just a dealer painted Bullitt then you'd have to find the right person that wants something a little different and doesn't mind a non-factory paint job. Documentation will be the key.

#6 ·
The 2019 Bullitt was just under $47,000 MSRP for a base model with no option and went up to $5700 with available options (MagneRide, Recaro seating, electronics package, car cover); about $52,000, excluding destination fee of $995.

As Steve posted above, the only blue painted car was a car for a charity raffle. Repainting a green or black car would be less likely to be desirable. If you wanted an investment grade Bullitt, the blue charity raffle car would be it. Anything else would be less likely to resonate with a collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.