Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reminiscing ... one year ago, today ...

I set off for an adventure ... it started when I drove from Northern California to Claremont in Southern California to leave my Bullitt at Kurt's brothers house ...

This is the Bullitt at 4:00am in the morning :), while I waited for a shuttle to pick me up to take me to LAX ... to begin the trip to Chicago ...

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And then

The trip of a lifetime:

The Legend Lives, Route 66 Tour

From Chicago to Chino Hills

I’ll never forget this trip; how extraordinarily nice the people are that live along Route 66, and how much fun we all had as a group of Bullittheads.

Thank you HOONDOGS for organizing such a fantastic trip, and for helping to make such great memories.

Attachments

· Premium Member
18,441 Posts
WOW! I was just thinking about this yesterday as I was plotting my course for next weeks adventure to this years Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show.

Great times, good pictures. Last years trip will be etched in my mind for some years to come, even if I didn't make the entire route with the Hoondog Planners, I did more than the last half....:)

· Premium Member
13,100 Posts
Treva....and your car was well protected too!
There was no way anyone could get to your Bullitt with all the parking lot full of vehicles in my bro's driveway! :lol:

Man....hard to believe that was a year ago....what a GREAT once in a lifetime Bullitt adventure that was!!!

· Premium Member
2,349 Posts
6treva9 said:
The trip of a lifetime:

The Legend Lives, Route 66 Tour

From Chicago to Chino Hills

I’ll never forget this trip; how extraordinarily nice the people are that live along Route 66, and how much fun we all had as a group of Bullittheads.

Thank you HOONDOGS for organizing such a fantastic trip, and for helping to make such great memories.
I gotta say, I am really jealous, Treva. I have ALWAYS wanted to do the Route 66 trip. My wife Terry and I fell in love with Gallup, NM. Old west town that has Route 66 running through. Ah, the west.

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
And more coming! I'm not sure the LL can be topped though
It was a once in a lifetime ... But I have faith ... you guys will come up with yet another one, if not better, equal to ...

Each event, we meet new friends, reacquaint with old friends, and there's just nothing better ... there ISN'T ...

And all because a CAR brought us together :grin:

Ah, I love this place :) :) :)

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nelsonbullitt said:
I gotta say, I am really jealous, Treva. I have ALWAYS wanted to do the Route 66 trip. My wife Terry and I fell in love with Gallup, NM. Old west town that has Route 66 running through. Ah, the west.
OH, I AM SO SORRY YOU MISSED THIS, it's hard to explain ... Bob, I wasn't even driving my car (and everybody knows how much I love to drive my car).
The people, the sites, the comraderie ... Everything about this trip just WORKED ...

And I would do it again in a heartbeat, if the Hoondogs planned it, cuz they did an AWESOME job...

· Registered
7,199 Posts
It was big-fun catching up to the LL-group as it left Cicero.

The real 66 we got to cruise and the neato gas station pit stop was too cool.

Still sad couldn't go further with tour...looked like mucho Positive Waves...

Great thread Treva! (feel free to get seconds on the raisin pie):lol:

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Funny thing just happened ...

My Dad called. He said "we missed you last night"

Um, Dad ... I live in California, was I expected to be in Chicago last night?!!?!!

He laughed and said no, we went to The Artist In All:

http://www.misericordia.com/events/event.aspx?EventId=253&F_d=5/22/2013&F_m=5&F_y=2013

and we missed you this year. It was way more fun last year with you there!

My little brother lives at Misericordia, and the Smith's (as in Lovie Smith) are BIG supporters of Misericordia...(Lovie's wife won the auction for my brothers chess set --- over $400 !)
Here's a picture of Lovie and my brother, Ryan... from last year, May 23rd.
(of course, Lovie was still the Head Coach of the Chicago Bears at the time)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.