Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 weeks ago my car started making this rattling sound from under the car and from experience it is either the heat shield around the catalytic converter or the cat itself. I will put it up on a lift here this weekend to further investigate. If it is one of the cats I will end up having them cutout and put a pair of 2.5" Summitt racing open exhaust cutouts that I have just sitting in their boxes. Might as well put them to use for now. I will end up putting some high flow metal core race cats in their place when I get the car back to Houston. But imagine with me for a moment how loud this sucker is going to be under full throttle going down the Italian freeway at 100+mph. Don't worry I will get this on video. But for now lets just hope for the sake of the Italian motorists that it is just a loose heat shield.

Later
"J"

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i could never find room for my open cutouts, so mine still sit in their box at my garage...

the subframe connectors got in the way of where i would logically have put them, so good luck, and yes, i want to hear a vid of that!!

shaun

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Just cut out the exaust and put in dumps!

Should sound awsome with cutouts btw. VID!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently purchased a Bassani X-Pipe with flow tubes and I am having difficulties installing the @#* thing. The guy I purchased it from was running the cats but decided to keep them for another car. While not certain I think he went to a muffler shop and had them make a set of flow tubes without verifying dimensions on the car. If any one has a set of bassani flow tubes, or cat backs for that matter, coult you measure the lenght and let me know. I think I probable just need to cut the flow tubes an inch or so but wanted to check with the Bullitt Lords first for advice. And by the way, the cut-outs will be awesome.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said it will be done for a fun temporary thing as long as one of the cats has actually failed. If it is just a shield vibrating then I will just have it rewelded in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts