Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,I got tired of looking at that block off plate in the scoop,need to remove it anyway for the ram-air deal,and removed the scoop to get it out. The plate is held in place with three spring retainer clips. After you remove it,you need to take your Dremel tool,and trim off the support ledge,I left about 1/2 inch lip. Now when you do this,you loose the center scoop support. After taking a test drive up to 70 MPH,I noticed some shaking from the scoop,due to airflow. I will fab.up a small center support for it. It now looks sharp with it open,and can't wait for KarKraft to get the kit ready. With the hood insulation pad off,I could get a good eyeball on any interference the new intake would give with the duct kit. Doesn't look like much trouble there.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Have Kraft determined that their kit will actually clear the intake> Looks like there is not enough room to me.

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had a preproduction car in there,a while back,that had the prototype intake. They said it fit that one. There was a difference somwhere with the production unit. They now have production Bullitt they are working with. From what I see,where the duct hooks up,is further forward from the intake plenum. I will try to find them at the Carlilse Pa. Ford show this Sunday.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Great! Be sure to let us know if you corral them.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
corral them? GROAN!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts