Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered my new rims today. I'm going with the Anthracite 18/9 18/10 Bullitts. Should be here by Saturday. Now just waiting on the tires. I can't wait. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :dhg01:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Sweeeeeeet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
You'll be happy with the 18's over the 17's.

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok my rims got here on Monday and the tires are getting here today.:clap: It will probably be tomorrow before I can get them changed out, but I am soooooo excited. Now I just need to lower it!!! Have to talk to the wife about that one. :lol: :rolling: Rims and Tires ain't cheap.:dhg01:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Speaking of lowering. How do we look up applications for our bullitt to lower. Were stock lower than a gt, so if we got one meant for them we wouldn't lower car that much I'm guessing. And from my knowledge were the same height as a 01 cobra but if you look up there's its for IRS only. Are we the same as a Mach 1? And id be interested in a 2' drop but i never see those....are those too low thanx!!!!!1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
buy a 2" drop for a regular gt.........idk if you have ever seen pics of mine, but thats what mine are. u dont need to buy a special "bullitt" spring to lower your car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
k thanks thats what i figured. I just didnt want to buy springs and it not lower it much at all.......and im dying to a pic please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
bullitt3572 said:
Ok my rims got here on Monday and the tires are getting here today.:clap: It will probably be tomorrow before I can get them changed out, but I am soooooo excited. Now I just need to lower it!!! Have to talk to the wife about that one. :lol: :rolling: Rims and Tires ain't cheap.:dhg01:
Congrats. You wont regret it, but I promise as soon as you lay eyes on it with the tires and wheels mounted, you'll want those springs even MORE than you want them now. As far as your wife is concerned.... May the Force be with you... :wife:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grn1639 said:
Congrats. You wont regret it, but I promise as soon as you lay eyes on it with the tires and wheels mounted, you'll want those springs even MORE than you want them now. As far as your wife is concerned.... May the Force be with you... :wife:

:lol: Funny you say that about my wife, she actually saw this post before I did because I had her get on here for me while I was at work and look up something. She thought it was very funny. I told her that I was getting them no matter what she said and the I got "THE LOOK" good thing is I'm still alive today, so all went well. Maybe I can just sweet talk her into it. Hopefully like next week. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
bullitt3572 said:
:lol: Funny you say that about my wife, she actually saw this post before I did because I had her get on here for me while I was at work and look up something. She thought it was very funny. I told her that I was getting them no matter what she said and the I got "THE LOOK" good thing is I'm still alive today, so all went well. Maybe I can just sweet talk her into it. Hopefully like next week. LOL
Looking forward to the Pics!
What size tires did you go with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I bought the Vogtland springs, they advertise a 1.6" drop, which should have been 3/4" or so lower than the factory springs. I installed them without the isolators, so I got more drop, but they ride decent, and I have no rubbing problems with the 315/35/17s in the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
springs

i have got a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5 and i am running a set of the eibach prokit springs...but theyre cut about a coil and a half....its about 2.5 drop with isolators but looks awsome...anyways it doesnt rub. the front piece of my side skirt is like 3" off the ground and that hits on speed bumps so i have to avoid them..but if you want a 2" drop i know eiback sportline advertises it..and also the teins which i have a set of i just have yet to install them since i have been tied up with my 93 project lately...i did just order the mgw short throw since i heard it was awsome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
cool. ive been looking at the H n R sport springs as well now 1'75 in the front and 1'5 in the back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well they came in and I got them put on but I have been super busy and the only pics I have of them are some on my phone. I will try to put some up on Monday or Tuesday when I get a chance. They look sick to me!! The 295 KDW'S really set the rear off.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top