Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many miles most of you have gotten out of your orginal set of brake pads?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I still got mine...bout 37k so far:D...not too bad.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I've got 59,544 on the car with original brakes.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I have. just turned 37K and getting ready to replace my bald tires.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Changed the pads at 45,000 miles (75,000kms in Canada) on the Bullitt ... just changed the original front brake pads on our 92 Honda Accord at 135,450 miles (225,000kms)... it takes the winters for the Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I drive mine whenever I feel like it. Winter or summer. 18,420 miles! No squeeks, rattles or other nasty noises. Original brakes looking like new.:wink:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I drive mine whenever I feel like it. Winter or summer. 18,420 miles! No squeeks, rattles or other nasty noises. Original brakes looking like new.:wink:

Sounds like a garage Queen to me:lol:..:p

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think I changed mine out at 30k - my front drivers side brakes seem to wear more than the other ones. Any ideas? It's almost as if the brakes aren't releasing.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
dg517 said:
Sounds like a garage Queen to me:lol:..:p
That would be Garage King to you, sir!:lol: :wink:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I changed mine somewhere a little above 60,000!! The fronts still had life in them!! But I wanted to turn the rotors, so I changed them out at the same time. Oddly, my emergency brake side pads were almost gone. I would have expected the fronts to go first. I wonder if my wife drove the car with the E-brake on a lot while I was on deployments!!

Here's a tip DON'T FORGET THE RATTLE CLIP. I put it on 3 and the last one I did forgot it. The breaks work fine, but make noise when first back up / take off till I seat the pad, I guess. It only happens when the car sat for a while. I'm just not motivated enough to tear it down and put the clip on.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have 57,000 on the orginally breaks but they do squeak some time. Took it to ford and they said they were fine.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just turn over 25k and still have original brake pads....

·
Registered
90 Posts
My front went at 30k, the rear now at 35.5k new replacement soon.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Still original brakes. Almost 19K miles...:cool:

If they wore out by now I would most certainly be in Ford's face about them! :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've got 29,000 on my original brakes....and they still look great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts