Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
566 has it's original battery (currently on a battery tender also) No troubles yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
I still have the original battery.
So far, so good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,703 Posts
My car is on its 3rd battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Mine still has the original...but it's dead..what should I replace it with? I was looking at an Optima. Any feedback is appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Just Replaced The Original Battery in #01794

The original battery in DHG #01794 was dead last week and I just replaced it last weekend with a new Motocraft BXT-59 battery from my friendly local Ford dealer. The new battery does not have the little window to see the "charge" indicator.

By the way, I also had to replace the battery insulator wrap and the battery clamp hold-down bolt. The insulator wrap was all weathered and the hold-down bolt was rotted away. I got those from Performance Parts Inc. on-line.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
DHG2496 said:
Mine still has the original...but it's dead..what should I replace it with? I was looking at an Optima. Any feedback is appreciated!
I went with the stock replacement motorcraft. Fits 100% like the original and looks DAMN close as well. If you remove the red sticker you could barely tell a difference.

I also got to save that nice blanket that goes around the battery :)
I paid $90 at the Ford dealer.


Bullitt Bliss said:
The original battery in DHG #01794 was dead last week and I just replaced it last weekend with a new Motocraft BXT-59 battery from my friendly local Ford dealer. The new battery does not have the little window to see the "charge" indicator.

By the way, I also had to replace the battery insulator wrap and the battery clamp hold-down bolt. The insulator wrap was all weathered and the hold-down bolt was rotted away. I got those from Performance Parts Inc. on-line.
yup, this is what i did too
my wrap still looks new though...
thanks for the info though, I was not aware you could buy a replacement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Wow... seems that lots of Bullitts are still running on the factory juice. Mine has the original too and still going strong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Still have the orignal in 4507.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get a replacement that is identical to the stock Motorcraft battery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
I don't have a Bullitt, but my '95 is still on it's original factory battery. Showing no sign of giving it up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,218 Posts
Changed mine out day before yesterday. Went with an optima yellow top. Was going with the red top, but since she isn't the daily driver anymore, and she sits more than she drives, yellow top it is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
Does anyone know if you can get a replacement that is identical to the stock Motorcraft battery?
No. The new ones at the Ford dealer have a red sticker, and no window.
 
21 - 40 of 88 Posts
Top