Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have just made my umpteenth Mustang purchase, and having always focused more on 85 and 86 GT's, as well as a couple of 91's and 93 verts and HT Gt's. Until now, my '96 Cobra was my most proud purchase back in '96. Today, I am the extremely proud owner of #312, formerly Bullitt312's, and have begun the ordering of parts! I have seen only 2 Bullitts in Houston, given a city of 2.5 mill, and now 3, MINE!!! I am taken by all the support you have given each other, the info is overwhelming and the brotherhood is wonderful! I love the proud female owners as well! I hope to not give a wrong impression, but a strong female involvement is a bit new to me, wonderful though!!! I'm working on my wife too, all of my Mustang involvement in our 4 yrs of marriage has come fast for her! She's coming around, and simply LOVES my DHG. Enough of the chit-chat though, my original question is this. I bought my car w/3500 miles on it from a Manager at a Houston Dealership I know well. I finance cars for them, I work for a Bank. I asked him for all documentation, and was provided all original books, service repair receipts(my tranny and motor block went at 1556 miles!),touch up paint, etc., but the original window sticker. He can't seem to find it. Do any of my new Brothers and Sisters out there know how to come by one, or a reproduction listing all the correct info incl. VIN? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS Sequential Turn Lamps, Dense Charger and
30 mm spacers on the way!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome to the club.

In what part of Houston do you normally drive? I know of at least 12 other Bullitts in Houston, and I'm sure there are more. My dealer has sold at least 6 that I know of.

The original owner should have made sure to keep the paperwork intact, if he was like the rest of us. The dealer's make ready people may have trashed it when they took the car in. You might be able to get a copy of the dealer invoice, if it was the same dealer. Ford might be able to print a dulpicate, but it would probably not be an official original version.

Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
444 Posts
First off, welcome to the board. Enjoy the car.

You Houston guys are really into Mustangs. 12 Bullitts? I've only seen a handful here in Chicago.

As for the Sticker, I thought you could get one direct from Ford. All that was needed was proof of ownership?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just go to the original selling Dealer and they can re-print you the window sticker.You will probably have to go through the service manager or anybody family with Oasis (Fords computer system).

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Speaking as a Very Proud Female Bullitt owner,
Welcome aboard, and THANKS for the compliment.

I've spent the last 15 years bringing my husband "up to speed" on the love of Mustangs.
We've only been married for 12 years, I had to be sure about his "Mustang" loyalty first!

Good luck on your search for the Window Sticker.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome to you all. I am working on the sticker as we speak, and thanks for all the tips! Talk to you soon.

PS TXBullitt, I live on the East Side and spend most of my day on the NorthWest side (Champions area)

·
Registered
533 Posts
A warm welcome to you DHG312. Congrats on your purchase. The following thread discussed window stickers. Work with the sales manager and you will get it. I have two of them, same car but different.Post will explain.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2806&forum=1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiskycreek on 2001-12-05 21:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
I pretty sure there's actually more than 12 Bullitts in the Houston area. I can only vouch the 12 that I mentioned. I do know that not all of them are members here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Whiskycreek, not to mention that the 1st 6 letters of your name and I share much in common... i read the thread, and that means I can push harder. TT you guys soon, but as Jim Rome says......I'm out!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I still have my window sticker for my bullitt also have the one for my '68 mustang. Along with most of the original paper work including the bill of sale. Keep everything you can for your cars will be worth something in 20 yrs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts