Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many here have other automotive projects besides their Bullitt's? I know we are all really into our Bullitt's but more than likely there another car in the garage with them. Myself I have been working on SBF blowthru build that began with my 90GT that was my first Mustang. If it wasnt for my love of it and not being able to drive a Mustang for over 2yrs, I probably wouldnt have ended up in DHG 00013.

Here is a link to that build, though i do need to update it a little: http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30663

So lets see or hear about those projects.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have a 69 coupe that I'm slowly working on. It was my daily driver 15 years ago. Just got the engine rebuilt late last year. Suspension, brakes and tranny are all done. Next is body and paint.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am building an aluminum 4.6 2V with Crower cams, electric water pump and an Eaton supercharger to drop in my CVPI.

And I told myself that I would not modify my Mazda, but I bought some slicks for it last week.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a long term car project that has been in hibernation for the past 7 years due to going back to school, getting married, and buying a house. It will stay in hibernation for a good while longer too, but I can work on some of the parts of it that cost nothing in the mean time. I have a 1977 Corvette that I bought when I was 17 that is in the middle of a build up. I rebuilt the front and rear suspension, replaced all the calipers with stainless sleeved calipers and braided stainless lines, replaced all the parking brake hardware with stainless shoes and hardware, welded up the front crossmember (the stock spot welds like to break loose on the track with big block weight and power), rebuilt the T-10 when I was in high school, built a tall deck big block (roughly 447cid), stripped out the interior for a rewiring job (that I need to start back up on), installed a Tom's Differentials modified differential case (custom modified to accept GM 12 bolt differential), etc., etc...

I still have a very LOOOOONG way to go before the car is anywhere near roadworthy and the funding for said project is nonexistant for at least the next 5-10 years. But I'll still have something to tinker with every now and then with my son as he gets older. :)

I also have a beautiful 1985 Honda Interceptor 500 that I'm working on. As soon as I can find a good deal on a new motor, I'll be getting it on the road again. It is a fun little bike and runs low 12s with only half a liter of displacement. With an experienced rider it will put much larger bikes to shame in the corners too. :)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I also have a couple projects other than the BULLITT.

A 1974 MACH 1 that im selling but if it doesnt, i will drop my bullitt's 4.6L Vortech S/C 475FWHP motor in it. :D

And a 1966 F100 that i plan on doing up with one of the new twin turbo deisel motors and suspention, Dually wheels, tranny, interior, and 5th wheel.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
1966 Lemans (ongoing)
1967 Cougar. All on hold (and unfortunately the Bullitt as well) till my better half gets well.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have my 79 Chevy shortbed 4X4. I have the motor just about ready to go in then lots of other things. I want it to be in show truck condition when it's done, but still plan on using it to haul stuff and will four wheel it in the sand. Then I've got a total of 3 three wheelers that are never ending projects it seems. There's always something that needs fixing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like some really nice and interesting projects. Anyone got pics?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm working on an 89 Ranger...

I have the motor on it's way out. As soon as it's pulled, it's headed to the machine shop for acid dipping and a complete check-out. If it passes inspection, I'll have the heads rebuilt as well and it'll start life again as a 2.9 V6...

If the block fails, it's 302 EFI TIME!!!

As of right now, I've got 85 SVO Seats in it, a new CD player, and a Pirate Skull & Crossbones flag attached to the headliner.

No pics as of yet, the truck is sitting in the garage, and it's a PIA to push it out and find help to push it in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'll be taking some pics of the Vette when I move it to my house in a few weeks. The last time I took a bunch of pics of it, digital cameras weren't around yet. That's a long term project...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
We have a 65 Buick Riviera being restored to original that was bought new by my great-grandfather. Due to lack of time my father and I can't work on it so we're having a friend restore it. Here are some pics of the frame

Oooops that slipped:)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
86 cutlass supreme...awaiting motor, trans, rear end, exhaust, etc etc.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
1965 Mustang. Its already caged, and has a DSS racing 331 in it. AFR 185's, forged rotating assemly. 10:1 compression ratio, ect. Its getting built up to be a drag car. Ill throw some pics up here later, and maybe a start up video if I can ever get to that point!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
We have a 85 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE that we have owned for over three years...Runs with only 70k miles on it....Just needs little things done to it...In three years, we barely put 500 miles on it...Still has the original struts and shocks on it...Will get around to replacing them....

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The 1968 AMC AMX in my signature. I gotta finish this car before I'm dead or I'll be really ticked off.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Y2K16T8 said:
The 1968 AMC AMX in my signature. I gotta finish this car before I'm dead or I'll be really ticked off.
My goal on the Cougar was "Finished by 50". Unfortunately, that's only about 2 weeks from now so it ain't gonna happen. :lol:

·
Registered
641 Posts
My goal on my Vette was to take it to my high school prom. I've since passed the 10 year reunion and still not finished. Maybe by the 25th reunion. ;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts