Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enteried 1007 in the Oklahoma City MCA Nationals this weekend and had damn good time (excpet for the freaking blowning sand)....

As I tryed to get my car detailed I had to stop and chat with bunches of folks, including some fellow Bullitt heads that didn't have their cars entiered in the show....

Surpised me with all the Shelbys and 05-07 Mustangs attending I was very busy discussing 1007 and the 01 Bullitts... I had one guy say it's wonderful to see a wellcared for Bullitt, I told to visit our site and he would see number of well cared for Bullitts...

It's just felt great to still have folks enjoying our cars.....

We're so special :)

I also ran into Jyce and Mike Epperstang with their alsome 64 1/2 Indy Pace car, a Mike (67 Bullitt) was also there ... I don't know if he was doing any donuts????

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had to leave early Sunday morning to return, Kay, and the Bullitt back to Ozark, and then drive back to Tulsa for school, so I asked Mike 67 Bullitt if he would pickup my award if I got one when they where presented late on sunday afternoon.....

Well Mike calls me last night about 9PM and tells me 1007 was awarded "Gold" in it's class, Mike said in my class there where 77 enteries and only 11 received Gold.... I damn proud

Mike got Gold for his 67 FB Bullitt recreation in daily driver class and Mike and Joyce Epperstang also received Gold for their 64 1/2 pace car in the concurse class.....

I'm so damn happy I could jump up and down......

Another Note: Mike and Joyce are the Head bubbas for next years MCA GRAND Nationals during the labor day weekend we should all attend and freak out the blue hairs

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Well congrats to you sir, sounds like a good time was had by all. Kudos to joyce and mike on their award and also mike67bullitt. Well deserved i am sure. Again way to go gang !!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ya I still get compliments on mine..makes you feel good to know that people get all riled up over them

·
Registered
878 Posts
I drove the Bullitt to work on Saturday for the first time this spring. It was a typical morning until about 10 mins to closing time when I had to deal with a real wonk customer. I won't get into the details but he left he wasn't happy and I was very frustrated and angry too. So, on my way home I dropped the bank bag off at the bank-as I'm returning to the car some dude stops, rolls down his window and says "nice car man". All the anger melted away and I drove off home for a nice weekend.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jimmy, Sunday after the judging was over we had time to walk around and talk with more people.
We were talking with a new Calif. Spec. owner. He mentioned to us that there was a gorgeous Bullitt there on Saturday and pointed to where you were parked. We were proud to say we know the owner!
Congrats on your well deserved win.

Our Bullitt spent the winter in hibernation. When Mike had to move it so we could put the pace car in the trailer before going to OK, I watched as he gunned it down the street and thought "Damn, that's a gorgeous car!" They are really awesome. I'm proud to have our FRANK and to be an original owner.

Did you see the black Bullitt with on 70 miles on it? The owner said he dosen't have a ocmputer so didn't join IMBOC.

J.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joyce,
I didn't see the black Bullitt but I heard about also, I didn't get chance to walk around and look at cars until the Judges inspected 1007 which was about 4PM... What I saw was too cool..... This beauty of 64 1/2 PACE CAR... After that car the rest where just blur

again you all did an allsome up job on it....

Which CS/GT was it???? Did you see the burgay one with the custom stripes on it????

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can vouch for this ...

The initial premise of the thread is right on. When I drove my father to the Pontiac dealership to look at his GTO, the salesman came out and identified the car immediately as a "Bullitt Edition Mustang GT" and asked me if it was the real deal. Then, when I parked it by the showroom, the sales force came out to look at it as well as some customers who were waiting on their cars in the service department. I answered all the usual questions and it was fun seeing the car get all the attention. Dad's bright red GTO stands out, but the Bullitt still attracts quite a bit of attention.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts