Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like numbers are out of sequence

70mach1351c's #1222 was built 16 Jan

70mach1351c said:
Ordered last week of November
Built Jan 16th
Whammer's 2246 was built 2 Jan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
2236 was built January 2nd also...Hmmm:doubt:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
Hmm... very interesting... WTH is Ford doing with the numbering? I wonder if it has to do something with the order date then?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
I believe aliens abducted a box of the number plates. However, agents J & K tracked them down made them give them back a couple weeks later..
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
Possible explanation is when the VIN is assigned so is the Bullitt Number?? Since the VIN is related to the build number... That would explain the extermely low numbers that the first dealers had since they bought theirs as soon as the order banks opened.. Still waiting to hear from Ford on this. They are reading the forum I can tell you that. When I asked about the build number/build date issue he had already seen it on the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
Well for certain SOMETHING is out of whack.
I'm curious at what point that Bullitt plate is engraved? I'm sure the plates already have the Bullitt # engraved on them- but at some point the VIN needs to be engraved. I can't imagine the car is moving down the line and the plate gets engraved. It must happen some time before that and is then set aside.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
I know it is in AAI but where I do not know. So feasably as soon as they assign a VIN, the Bullitt number and VIN are etched. That would account for the descrepancies in build dates/Bullitt numbers.Hopefully I will get an answer next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
droopysbullitt said:
Possible explanation is when the VIN is assigned so is the Bullitt Number?? Since the VIN is related to the build number... That would explain the extermely low numbers that the first dealers had since they bought theirs as soon as the order banks opened.. Still waiting to hear from Ford on this. They are reading the forum I can tell you that. When I asked about the build number/build date issue he had already seen it on the site.
The order date isn't necessarily the same as VIN assignment date.
My order was made in October and accepted in October, but the VIN wasn't assigned until about 19 Dec.
Many dealers who ordered well after me had VINs assigned long before me.
Just another 'prob;em' (to me anyway) with the Ford order system for sold special orders
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
Please, Ford... tell us Bullitt guys how it works! We love the car! And get my car shipped to me. I think the customer service center hates me with all my emails asking about my car status. I always stick up for you around the GM guys... return the favor! :smile:

My VIN has been assigned so I hope I have a decent Bullitt number and something cool. It would be neat to have a number matching my bday or something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
rblack4405 said:
Have your dealer run an oasis report
Can we get a "DOH" emoticon please?? :) :) I've been driving pickups too long, forgot about Oasis. Thanks!



While on the subject, somewhere in the hours of frenzied surfing the other day impatiently waiting for the dealer to open so I could buy my car, I saw a refernce to a "V Blast" or something that details the vehicles components? Well of course, I just have to have one right? Service department also I assume, but is the term "V Blast" something they will recognize?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
It's HVBOM, historical vehicle bill of materials. It's not something that you can pull up and hit print and get a complete build list. It is a tool that when used as a search engine for parts on a vehicle built since 2001 can help find the correct part number.

I can access this as well as Oasis for members.

Mike......:badgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Madpoodle said:
Can we get a "DOH" emoticon please?? :) :) I've been driving pickups too long, forgot about Oasis. Thanks!



While on the subject, somewhere in the hours of frenzied surfing the other day impatiently waiting for the dealer to open so I could buy my car, I saw a refernce to a "V Blast" or something that details the vehicles components? Well of course, I just have to have one right? Service department also I assume, but is the term "V Blast" something they will recognize?
That gives a listing of every part and the part numbers that went into your particular car. it's an interesting report.

Ford has done this for a while now, it prevents the wrong parts being used.
It also prevents warranty scamming for parts that were not used in your build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
droopysbullitt said:
Possible explanation is when the VIN is assigned so is the Bullitt Number?? Since the VIN is related to the build number... That would explain the extermely low numbers that the first dealers had since they bought theirs as soon as the order banks opened.. Still waiting to hear from Ford on this. They are reading the forum I can tell you that. When I asked about the build number/build date issue he had already seen it on the site.
Since VINs are assigned sequentially the Bullitt numbers would become sequential with the VIN, and they aren't.

If the number was assigned when scheduled to be built, we wouldn't have lower numbers falling after higher numbers.

It's a mystery. I think the plates come with the Bullitt number already engraved, and someone dropped the box of Bullitt plates. When the plates scattered across the floor they didn't bother to put them back in sequence :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
Just because VIN's are sequential has no bearing on the Bullitt's being sequential.. I doubt they run nothing but Bulitt's down the line since they have orders for the lesser Mustang variants at the same time..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Madpoodle said:
Just because VIN's are sequential has no bearing on the Bullitt's being sequential.. I doubt they run nothing but Bulitt's down the line since they have orders for the lesser Mustang variants at the same time..
No, but if the Bullitt numbers were assigned when VINs are assigned the Bullitt numbers would be sequential with sequential (with obvious gaps because not all Mustangs are Bullitts) VIN
As it is they are not so Bullitt numbers are not assigned at teh time a VIN is assigned.
 

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Hopefully droopsy will find out from his sources soon to straighten out this dilemna! :tongue:

We had Mr. T to help us out with questions and dilemnas back when the 01 first came out. We need another Mr. T! :surprised
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top