Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed there is no lock cylinder on the passenger door? I guess with standard remote locks Ford figured to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yep, noticed that as I was getting ready to drive it off the lot. However, I'm ashamed to say, it took me THREE weeks to realize there was NO cassette player...that's a bummer, I have hundreds! I was too busy listening to the beautiful hum of my baby.

Dona

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-02 21:33, Dona wrote:
Yep, noticed that as I was getting ready to drive it off the lot. However, I'm ashamed to say, it took me THREE weeks to realize there was NO cassette player...that's a bummer, I have hundreds! I was too busy listening to the beautiful hum of my baby.

Dona

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I got a cassette player in mine, no Mach460
:sad:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
What, yours didn't come with the 460 ahhhhh!
I want to upgrade mine to the 1000.
Wish it had no locks or handels.
I like um shaved! :lol: the door handels Jeees, guys get your minds out of the gutter! You too Dona..

Steeda Timing adjuster ( same as above )
debating on Pro 5.0 or steeda tri-ax

Drive fast-n-Burn Gas, Its green-n-stays clean. BULLITT BROTHER FOR LIFE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2002-01-03 00:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok, as to the original Q, Ford stopped putting the pass. lock on starting in 1999 why, my guess would be the remote, money saving and deterance to theft?)...eh...hmmm.
:grin:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree, I'd love no locks or handles on either side....a remote to pop open the door would be cool! However, those remotes do go bad or "dead" and then you'd be stuck...thus at least ONE keyhole is required! Oh...until they perfect some KEWL entry system, that is.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You need some meathod of opening the car if the battery fails. What would be nice is a better location for the trunk release (the glove box sucks). I have the MP3 player in the truck it plays cd's and tape's, but it doesn't sound as good. If you were going for sound I wouild go after market.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I too like the clean look of the no door lock on the passenger side. I've also noticed the same thing on my buddies 2001 Vette.

·
Registered
575 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-02 21:55, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Why would one need a door lock on either doors, actually, with the remote we have? :???:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Cause' some of us don't carry that clunky remote. :smile:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have 7 keys on my chain: (Car, House, Work (2) , Bike lock, Parents' house, wife's car)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have Bullitt keys on a separate keychain. Work keys, house keys and winter beater keys on another. They're still too bulky.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You need at least one door with a key. There is an area here in Dallas which has all of the TV transmitter towers that the remote doesn't work.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Two keys on mine - Bullitt and House

Husband has about 60 keys on his..... jeez!!!!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Going back to that "glove box" vs. "jockey box" thing.

I can't even fit the owners manual kit in!

Gloves (unlined) would fit fine, but I can't imagine trying to stuff a Jockey in one!!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
As for the trunk release, it is the same as in my 89 GT: Annoying. At least in this one there is not also a gas door release there too.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
LOL Karl! Our Bullitts have been in storage so long this winter we can't even remember if they have a lock on the glove box or not!

I was told by my Father years ago that it was not good for an ignition to have a lot of weight hanging from it. So I try to just have 3 or 4 keys on my keychain. Anyone else ever heard of that? Or was that just for the older cars?

Vicki

1 - 20 of 20 Posts