Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great BBS.. Nice on the eyes and easy to use. More stable than Yahoo I'm certain!
Way to go!

Blakwing

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Thanks! :smile:

I still want to tweak this, and maybe add a few more features (like avatars for users), but since I know the guy who owns the isp and he has a T1, we have some flexibility. As long as the group size doesn't grow huge (not sure what that is), we have a home (I think).

I do want to get Bob's take, since he started the Yahoo site.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if space and Bandwidth become an issue we can always float the idea of "Memberships" or even hosting on another server. I've got a partner that already has webspace through another company. And I'm looking into getting my own deal anyhow and would have more than enough avail. Banwidth and space. The only thing we need is to setup redirects from here to there or to find out how to link the 2 together under the Bullitclub name..
Also.. Can we find out how "Big" too big is? Do we wnat to advertise this over at Yahoo, BON and Stangnet to see how many people bite and sign on?

Steve

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-05-11 03:00 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-11 02:57, Blakwing wrote:
Well if space and Bandwidth become an issue we can always float the idea of "Memberships" or even hosting on another server. I've got a partner that already has webspace through another company. And I'm looking into getting my own deal anyhow and would have more than enough avail. Banwidth and space. The only thing we need is to setup redirects from here to there or to find out how to link the 2 together under the Bullitclub name..
Also.. Can we find out how "Big" too big is? Do we wnat to advertise this over at Yahoo, BON and Stangnet to see how many people bite and sign on?

Steve

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-05-11 03:00 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Steve,

I may have made it sound a bit more contricting than it is. We should be fine with this site and the space I have is more than adequate. Although a membership, national bullitt stang club would be cool, I don't think we will need to use that for the website (but it would still be a key piece).

Based on the Yahoo club, 85 users with 2-3000 page views a day is nothing, but I do see it being able to grow, and I think we are good for the near term.

I will try to get some picture posting stuff up this weekend, and a main page. I also need to move off the test server to port 80, etc..

BTW: Are you one of the "founders" of the bullittheads club with Bob and I? I forget who the third person was. :smile:

All I need now is my car. :smile:
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why yes.. Yes I am. one of the founders that is. I was just wondering if your space restraints were that bad or not. If it does become an issue though we do have an out or 2. I was also wondering about a "Pic post" or a place where members could store pics of their Bullitts and the like..

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-11 20:00, Blakwing wrote:
Why yes.. Yes I am. one of the founders that is. I was just wondering if your space restraints were that bad or not. If it does become an issue though we do have an out or 2. I was also wondering about a "Pic post" or a place where members could store pics of their Bullitts and the like..

Steve

Steve,

I thought you were the other founder (with Bob and I). I would like to continue that here, and have at least 3 moderators.

As far as the picture post... working on it now. :smile: I found a cool gallery thing that runs on php and allows more text for posts. I'll be testing it tonight if I can get the pieces into place.

To be very honest, I like the BON and Stangnet style boards, but I am SICK of the ankle biters. BTW: I forget if I mentioned it, but try to make a post with the word (without the spaces) P e l l i t t, and use the "F" word as well. The censor thing on here is a hoot! :smile:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm all up for being a mod. Lay it on me! :smile: Lets see about those censor thingies.. :smile:
Bullitt Bullitt
rice

BTW.. completely unrelated. I may be goin' to get a Bullitt today.. Apparently the owner of my dealership peruses the boards and pulled in the sales mgr, who then pulled in my salesman and told them to offer me the one that came in (where the owner backed out) for a couple bills more than I was quoted on my own car. Me and the wife are goin' in tomorrow to look it over. Gotta weigh in my mind the cost. Is 2 months waiting negated by 2-300 dollars? I think it is but we'll see once I get to llok at the car. BTW.. it's the one I test drove last weekend with my father in law :smile:

Steve

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-05-12 03:48 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it had 15 miles on it when I drove it last saturday.. 22 when I was done.. I'm of the opinion that 300 is a small price to pay. So I'm probably gonna do it.. as long as the mileage isn't that high.. I want as little chance as possible that someone beat it.. But here I am now.. Wide awake and I've got until 10 before I can get to the dealership.. This last minute waiting is actually worse than when I knew the car wasn't being built until the 28th. Hopefully I'll have a new toy to show off when the Fam gets together for Mothers day.. :smile:

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
VERY COOL you guys!!
like 1Nasty, i didn't want to change my name either. wanted to be recognized as mystang99

·
Registered
959 Posts
This is extremely nice. When are we going to officially move to here? Be nice not to have to check 2 places.

Nice Job and thanks!

brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-22 19:32, FordBullitt wrote:
This is extremely nice. When are we going to officially move to here? Be nice not to have to check 2 places.

Nice Job and thanks!

brian
FordBullitt #66
Brian,

Well, once I have a gallery and a calendar going, we will have replicated the Yahoo site.

I am trying to get software called "phpNuke" to integrate with the existing database and forums software I are using (called phpBB).

I tweak it as I have time, but I hope to have something soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
GREAT JOB MIKE!!!!! I think this is light years ahead of the Yahoo club. It was good at first but it just seems to be getting slower all the time. I'm hoping it quits raining around here so I can keep the car clean and get some good pics. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Cam :grin:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-23 15:50, chilli bullitt wrote:
GREAT JOB MIKE!!!!! I think this is light years ahead of the Yahoo club. It was good at first but it just seems to be getting slower all the time. I'm hoping it quits raining around here so I can keep the car clean and get some good pics. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Cam :grin:

Thanks. I aim to please. :smile:

Ditto on the rain comment (lots of wet weather for May in Ohio eh?). I haven't had much chance to drive her, I swore I wouldn't drive it in the rain... starting to reconsider. :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I live in Seattle, if I didn't drive it in the rain I would never get to use it. :wink:I'll just have to slow down to keep from hydroplaning on those big tires. Although it is a nice balmy 75 degrees out right now.

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
Is this the first thread at IMBOC (then Bullittclub)?

Some dude by the first name of "Jim" (from Cleveland, OH) was curious as to the first thread at IMBOC (then Bullittclub).

Carry on.

:py1:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
The first thread. Well whata ya know. I posted on the first thread. :surprised

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Seems like a LONG time ago.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts