Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bullitt hit 100 thousand miles a few months back.And all of the sudden it started over heating. like when i drive it and it will do fine till bout 30 minutes after it heats up completely it will over heat bad... ive taken out the radiator and had it flushed and inspected. iv replace the thermostate with a lil cooler one from ford..iv flushed out the engine coolent system. the only thing i havent replaced on it is the water pump and thats whats happings right now.but im stuck in iraq so its getting done by some one else..is their anything that you can help me out with.thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the fan is working n the thermostate is controlled and it is working properly so i donno man.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would make sure the belts are tight and not slipping, with that mileage I would just replace all the belts. The water pump could also be bad. I would also put the proper thermostat in, check it first in a pot of boiling water to make sure it does work correctly

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k thanks man ill try it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i replaced the belt on the bullit and checked the thermostat and everything is working fine, i even put new heads and cams in it, so that mean i replaced all the gaskets that could of been a problum, flashed the car so everything would work right and she is still over heating, i donno what to do, poored way to much money in this thing now. any takers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was over heating so i figured i would prolly need to replace my head gaskets, becaouse i figured one of then craked or i worped a head so i replace the heads, and while i was at it i just put new cams in it as well

·
Registered
99 Posts
A-Rod07 said:
ok so i replaced the belt on the bullit and checked the thermostat and everything is working fine, i even put new heads and cams in it, so that mean i replaced all the gaskets that could of been a problum, flashed the car so everything would work right and she is still over heating, i donno what to do, poored way to much money in this thing now. any takers
Well I think you are at that point to replace the water pump. It is a simple repair all that has to done is rmove 4 bolts from the pully and then 4 bolts on the water pump and replace the pump. US AUTOPARTS sell new water pumps for less than $30 and that i'm shure that is less than you spent so far. Good luck.:b01:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Check on your core support a wire that is attached to a fastner that is bolted down......If you have you engine open and your standing and looking at your engine it is on your left....Michael aka Have Bullitt will travel had the same problem, did the same things you did except the head gaskets and it was that darn wire....It has something to do with grounding the fans and cooling system....His came off, he discovered it was off, reconnected to the fastner and it stopped overheating.....Hopefully this is your problem.....Simple fix I hope......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pronkie1 said:
Check on your core support a wire that is attached to a fastner that is bolted down......If you have you engine open and your standing and looking at your engine it is on your left....Michael aka Have Bullitt will travel had the same problem, did the same things you did except the head gaskets and it was that darn wire....It has something to do with grounding the fans and cooling system....His came off, he discovered it was off, reconnected to the fastner and it stopped overheating.....Hopefully this is your problem.....Simple fix I hope......

iim deployed right now so i have my lil bro working on it. is there any way i could get a picture to send him. thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
every lil bit helps..thanks guys. it sucks not being home to work on your own car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts