Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the club Robert. Great to have an "insider" here and I promise we will not put you on the spot or abuse you. The drivetrain clunking problem talked about in the post below has been a real problem for many of us proud Bullitt owners. Any insight on what the cause is and suggestions on the fix would be greatly appreciated. I for one will very shortly be installing an aluminum driveshaft in hopes of that fixing the problem. All my tranny mount bolts and driveshaft bolts have been tightened to spec by the dealer. The dealer says the clunk is normal. I have driven and owned enough Stangs to know it is not a normal characteristic of a Stang drivetrain. Thanks for joining the club.

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=813&forum=1&34

#2731 True Blue
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights
MGW Knobs
Tinted Windows
Paint Protection
StonGard
Coming Soon...
Bassani X Pipe W/Cats
Alum. Driveshaft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-08-22 08:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I agree 100%, my dealer says it is normal too but when i took him for a ride in another ''new'' bullitt that is for sale on the lot, the clunk is not on that one...they have no explanation....since it is under warranty, and i have it on record, i am not too concerned but still i would like a real fix and explanation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts