Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Are you the same PBGas that was on the Lightning Forum @ f150online ? Didn't you sell your 99 Bolt because of too many repair issues. Well, I sold my 2000 Bolt for the same reasons; just got fed up. If Iv'e got the wrong person I apologise in advance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is me!!!! My truck was an absolute nightmare.

cool! A fellow former-Bolt Brother!

I see that you have seen the light (so to speak)!!!!
Don't tell me you got a Bullitt as well!
Too Cool!
Keep in touch Brother!

Paul G.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Paul !
A real X-BOLT brother(small world huh !). Yes Paul, I got tired as xxxx having it in the shop almost every 2 months. I loved the truck but when the engine was replaced at 3000 miles due to piston slap and the next month the blower snorkel bearing went (replaced that too !)I just lost interest. Thats why I cancelled the Lightning get together in NorthEast GA. It is my opinion that FORD CANNOT built consistantly RELIABLE hi-tech specialty vehicles (BOLTS /COBRAS etc).
When my alignment went out for the 4th time in 16000 miles I traded it in on the Bullitt!
Yes, I do miss the truck but was bone tired of all the problems. Did you ever see the digital pictures of the horrible engine swap ? Well Paul, hope you really enjoy trouble free fun with your Bullitt...and thanks for responding...Tony

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey Tony!

Wow.....sounds like you had the same situation that I had exactly.

I was about to say, to hell with it and have them put in a fourth intercooler but then I decided against it and sold the truck outright to a U.S. wholesaler who came up to my city to pick it up. I got what I wanted for it without taking a large loss, so things evened out for me.

I would have had to buy 3 new tires because the stock ones were capped due to an ongoing alignment problem. The thing is that they had plenty of tread on them as well. They just couldn't get it right. I figured after I bought the new tires then something else would go wrong, etc....etc.....it was going to become a money pit.

I share the exact same sense that you have about the SVT stuff. I love it but man....it can be a real PITA after.

Glad to see you are a fellow Bullitthead now and I wish you the best of luck with your beast as well!

Paul G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts