Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there! I looked on the inside door jam on the drivers side and what did I find? Oh nothing but chips of paint flaking off like in the morning sun. Took it to the dealer to have it looked at along with well lets just say a long list. I was told the whole door jam had to be repainted because the paint from Dearborn Mi. did not or was not applied properly. You can actually see the primer. They are small spots but will grow if not corrected. So take a long hard look at the paint and get it fixed hopefully before you have the paint protection put on if u purchased it. Thanx Havgun!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Noticed a couple of small chips on the roof of mine when I got home. Will my local dealer fix it for free? I'm about 900 miles from where I bought it. What would it cost me if they wont cover it?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Your dealer should cover ANY imperfections you find with your car after taking delivery.. Just DON'T WAIT TO TELL THEM!! They can claim that this happened after you took delivery of your car. Call them immediately with any and all imperfections you found and ask them to fix them for you..

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am just going to assume that the small scratches I found won't be covered...it's been a week since I brought her home. I really don't like my local dealer, but hell I'll give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
The dealer in Charleston (off of 16 just past the College) is a SVT dealer (or at least was) and was really nice to me when I was down there last (3 years ago). So If your local guy sucks you ay want to give them a call and see if they can help you out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmm. There's an SVT dealer in Clinton too. Anyone ever dealt with them? They have a real nice shop, but I've never talked to the service guys.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah....you are talking about anderson ford in clinton IL. Just take 72 West out to the clinton exit...get off and make a right. Follow IL Route 10 all the way into clinton. The dealership is on route 10 on the opposite side of town. They have a LOT of specialty products of their own and a 65 dollars for a pull on the dyno. As far as their service I am not real sure. Never had them work on my car for maintenance/warranty work. I just had them do some upgrades on my old 97 GT. Here is a link to their website www.andersonfordmotorsport.com

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just remember paint warranty (so i am told ) probably should check out my warranty manual) is only good for a year so get it done. Also if u havent purchased the protector for your paint I would say its well worth the cash had mine done and it really brought the DHG shine out even more.
plus the paint is now warranted for 5 years.
Thanx Havgun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts