Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Bullitt (Green) for just a little over 2 months. The drivers side door already has several paint chips on it. These were not caused by rocks or carelessness and most are on the edges. The rest of the car is fine. Question #1: Could this door have been painted separately and poorly causing its need to flake, and #2 does the warranty cover this?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will correct me here, but from what I've heard Ford has had some problems with their paint lately. I have a friend who has a truck he purchased recently where the paint is flaking off.

Yes, it is definitely covered under warranty.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Not so sure it will be coverd. Best bet would be to go to the dealer and complain. Tell them there seems to be an adheasion problem with there paint and you want it fixed;-)... Watch out though, Ford does not pay the Body Shops well for the repairs and I had all kinds of problems with 227 because of cheap repairs. Front had been painted 4 times and looking like it's going to be 5 times. They will have to strip all the paint this time;-(...

Good luck.

Bud

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will see if they will do it under warranty. I had a '95 3.8 that went in for some repairs (drivers window) and it came back fixed and the scratches on the trunk were also gone! I have generally had good service with Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts