Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I had a Tuesday Bullitt that was relatively trouble free. Tonight I decided to take it out for ride after about 8 days without driving it. I pulled it back in the shop under the fluorescent lights and started looking at the hood area on the passenger side. There is what appears to be sanding scratches below the paint (or at least appears to be), either in the primer or metal. They are small semi circles and blend into the upper fender as well.

I know no damage was fixed by the dealership. I saw the car after it had rolled off the truck with the plastic still on it. They wanted me to take it home that day, but I had to arrange financing and there was a little matter of getting the X Plan approved. I picked it up early the next day though, so there was no time for any fix there.

Man....this pisses me off. I have a feeling it would look worse if I let the dealer try to fix it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-08-09 03:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
I know how you feel. Every day that I look too closely, I can't believe the lack of quality in my Bullitt's finish. I mean, it's nearly orange-pealed everywhere. I've got some areas where the paint is really thick and almost ran, but fortunately, it didn't. Some of those spots made we wonder if the car was banged around somewhere or mishandled.

I'll say, though, that it's a Bullitt, and it's as good as most get. There will be no others than the ones we've got. I'm very happy to have gotten one and am happily enjoying it every day. My friends are 'green' to the gills with envy. Personally, I just try not to look too closely.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm satisfied with my paint on the body, but the paint on the hood scoop is quite orange-peely. Maybe it looks like the scoop was dirty when they painted it, or that it is just not a real smooth surface.

Anyway, I was wondering if others had the same thing on their hood scoops?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Trooper, my hood scoop is exactly the way you describe yours. It's noticable only when I view it with a clearly reflected nearby overhead light source. I told the dealer about it the day I got the car, but I wasn't about to have them screw with it. I figure it's some type of plastic composite and the paint must have beaded on it or trapped moisture under the finish as it cured. Maybe the heat lamps warmed the composite too much when the finish was flash baked. I don't really think about it too much. True love looks past the faults!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks 01GTCOUPE. It doesn't really bother me that much either. Just knowing that others also have it, I won't even bother thinking about doing anything it. I'm sure there really isn't anything that can be done, it's just the way it is.

Two coats of Zaino on it so far, shining like a star. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts